• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Priority Points

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  444
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone in the know have these answers?

How many points is each deed worth: alumnus, donor dollars, consecutive season ticket holder, etc?

When must the donation be made in order for it to be reflected in the priority point totals that are used for purposes of 2010 away football game ticket allocation?

If you pay for football season tickets this year with the 6 payments plan, will you receive credit for being a 2010 season ticket holder by the time priority points are evaluated for 2010 away football game ticket allocation?  (all 6 payments won’t be made until Aug. 15th, but away game tickets are usually offered well before that date)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=1515054&SPID=2933&SPSID=36763

My assumption regarding the payment plan is that you would be awarded 2010 season ticket holder points when you renew, and subsequently lose those points if you end up not paying/cancelling.

• Content Count:  809

Ok, so they explain how you accumulate points.

How come they don't explain what point totals get you what? For my FSU season tix, they say on the website that you have to have X amount of points to be considered for certain things.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

Once again, working off of assumption, I would say its because its so new, there isn't such a disparity that there would be a need to create specific "levels".

Plus, we rarely sell out our allotment of tickets for road games, so why would there be a reason to have a set up to say "if you don't have x amount of points you will not be eligible to request tickets for game x, y or z".

• Content Count:  444

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=1515054&SPID=2933&SPSID=36763

My assumption regarding the payment plan is that you would be awarded 2010 season ticket holder points when you renew, and subsequently lose those points if you end up not paying/cancelling.

Thanks a lot for the link.

Once again, working off of assumption, I would say its because its so new, there isn't such a disparity that there would be a need to create specific "levels".

Plus, we rarely sell out our allotment of tickets for road games, so why would there be a reason to have a set up to say "if you don't have x amount of points you will not be eligible to request tickets for game x, y or z".

Well, I think it would make sense to say something along the following:

Boosters with X amount of points are considered first and may receive a max of X tickets for this event (if demand is high)

Boosters with Y amount of points are considered second and may receive a max of Y tickets for this event (if demand is high)

For example, for the FSU-Oklahoma game in Norman this year, FSU is only providing tickets for boosters in the $1200+ bracket (current year contribution). From there, they prioritize by higher booster level, then they go by points.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Somewhat true, but the best seats go to those with the highest priority points, whether it be for a bowl or otherwise.

This fall, we will play UF in Gainesville.  I expect them to limit the quantity of ticket requests based on donation level, and then will apply priority points.  There are only about 3-4k visitor seats at UF Florida Field, so if the top 1000 donors request 4 tix each, there are none left for the remaining 16,000 named season tix holders.  There will be disappointed fans at this one.  Plan on it.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Where do you ever see how many priority points you have? I know a year or so back, some said they got something about it in the mail. I've nver seen anything.

Somewhat true, but the best seats go to those with the highest priority points, whether it be for a bowl or otherwise.

This fall, we will play UF in Gainesville.  I expect them to limit the quantity of ticket requests based on donation level, and then will apply priority points.  There are only about 3-4k visitor seats at UF Florida Field, so if the top 1000 donors request 4 tix each, there are none left for the remaining 16,000 named season tix holders.  There will be disappointed fans at this one.  Plan on it.

There's only like 6-7k season ticket holders (they account for the 20 something thousand season tix though).

So they should setup a pyramid of how tickets will be distributed.

• Content Count:  827

Where do you ever see how many priority points you have? I know a year or so back, some said they got something about it in the mail. I've nver seen anything.

It comes on your annual donation statement.

Archived