• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I don't like the way this tournament is done.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

then we could expand and add 4 schools.....

I kinda like a league that looks like this

USF

UCONN

CUSE

Rutgers

WVU

Pitt

Cincy

Louisville

Memphis

Houston

TCU

UCF

I agree the basketball schools need to go off on their own... I also like your lineup for a new Big whatever conference but you forgot to take out Rutgers because they are Big10 bound.

NORTH:

* Cincinnati

* UConn

* Pitt

* Syracuse

* WV

* {{{Missing Team}}}

SOUTH:

* Houston

* Louisville

* Memphis

* TCU

* USF

* UCF

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

USF

UCONN

CUSE

Rutgers

WVU

Pitt

Cincy

Louisville

Memphis

Houston

TCU

UCF

I agree the basketball schools need to go off on their own... I also like your lineup for a new Big whatever conference but you forgot to take out Rutgers because they are Big10 bound.

NORTH:

* Cincinnati

* UConn

* Pitt

* Syracuse

* WV

* {{{Missing Team}}}

SOUTH:

* Houston

* Louisville

* Memphis

* TCU

* USF

* UCF

I think RU stays and ND goes to the B10

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

USF

UCONN

CUSE

Rutgers

WVU

Pitt

Cincy

Louisville

Memphis

Houston

TCU

UCF

NORTH:

* Cincinnati

* UConn

* Pitt

* Syracuse

* WV

* {{{Missing Team}}}

SOUTH:

* Houston

* Louisville

* Memphis

* TCU

* USF

* UCF

Really people want UCF to join the league? What have they done to deserve BCS inclusion? Add Temple to the north division and ECU instead of UCF in the south division.

• Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

I agree.  Hell with those UCF chumps

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

USF

UCONN

CUSE

Rutgers

WVU

Pitt

Cincy

Louisville

Memphis

Houston

TCU

UCF

NORTH:

* Cincinnati

* UConn

* Pitt

* Syracuse

* WV

* {{{Missing Team}}}

SOUTH:

* Houston

* Louisville

* Memphis

* TCU

* USF

* UCF

Really people want UCF to join the league? What have they done to deserve BCS inclusion? Add Temple to the north division and ECU instead of UCF in the south division.

I hate UCF just as much as the rest of y'all... I just don't see the Big East passing up a chance to get two feet into the Florida football recruiting pool if it can.

I would much rather have Tulance which equals a bi-yearly trip to the Big Easy ;)

Guest nybullsfan

2 reasons to include everybody

1. The main reason for the tournament is to raise money for the league - the more teams in the tourney, the more potential money for the league.

2. Since it comes with an autobid to the NCAAT, it should include all teams from the conference

That said, winning 5 in a row is virtually impossible. Cuse is the only team that did it 4 in a row under the old system

I think the proposal to play 1-16, 2-15, 3-14, 4-13 on the first day, then 5-12, 6-11, 7-10, and 8-9 on the second day makes sense. third day on, same as now.

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

Almost every if not every Conference has all teams in it.

We had it right in its previous version.

well I disagree and so does the Big East, so I guess I win.

I agree with you to, so it's practically unanimous.

i like this guy already

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Actually, I don't think the Big East "agrees" so much as it would rather see more $$ and that's what it gets from a longer playoff.

Most NBA fans think every round being moved to a best-of-7 drags out the playoffs too long and best-of-7 for the first round is completely unnecessary, but the NBA saw bigger $$ with a longer format.

Most NFL personnel want no part of a longer regular season but fans and some authorities want it because it puts more eyeballs on the game.

In general the BCS system is hated in NCAA football, yet it's used anyway because of the massive bowl-related revenue.

Heck, most people think it waters down the NCAA tournament to change it to 96 teams. That's another move motivated by money.

Point being, leagues are motivated by what draws $$ not what is in the best interest of competitiveness. That's why the Big Ten is probably going to expand, meanwhile conference championships are inherently inequitable since you don't have to play each team in your own conference yet a conference champion is crowned.

If you like moves motivated by money, you better be part owner or something. If you're just a fan, you should be interested in moves to not give huge competitive advantages to others like our BE tournament does.

(P.S. The format of the tournament had nothing to do with us losing the game; we'd have lost on 10 days of rest.)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

Actually, I don't think the Big East "agrees" so much as it would rather see more $$ and that's what it gets from a longer playoff.

Most NBA fans think every round being moved to a best-of-7 drags out the playoffs too long and best-of-7 for the first round is completely unnecessary, but the NBA saw bigger $$ with a longer format.

Most NFL personnel want no part of a longer regular season but fans and some authorities want it because it puts more eyeballs on the game.

In general the BCS system is hated in NCAA football, yet it's used anyway because of the massive bowl-related revenue.

Heck, most people think it waters down the NCAA tournament to change it to 96 teams. That's another move motivated by money.

Point being, leagues are motivated by what draws $$ not what is in the best interest of competitiveness. That's why the Big Ten is probably going to expand, meanwhile conference championships are inherently inequitable since you don't have to play each team in your own conference yet a conference champion is crowned.

If you like moves motivated by money, you better be part owner or something. If you're just a fan, you should be interested in moves to not give huge competitive advantages to others like our BE tournament does.

(P.S. The format of the tournament had nothing to do with us losing the game; we'd have lost on 10 days of rest.)

maybe the NFL should stop giving 1st round bye's to teams who earn it in the reg. season...

Are some teams at a disadvantage? Yes, but if they won more games they would be at an advantage.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

maybe the NFL should stop giving 1st round bye's to teams who earn it in the reg. season...

Are some teams at a disadvantage? Yes, but if they won more games they would be at an advantage.

The NFL cannot get around giving a 1st round bye without expanding the playoffs, they might as well give it to the best teams.

That, and the best teams get 1 bye, not 2. Regardless, I'm not saying the BE is wrong with the structure of the tournament byes. I'm saying it's stupid to allow everyone in. Tournaments, usually by definition, contain some sort of exclusion. The reason to use less and less exclusion (as is going to happen with the NCAA tournament) is additional revenue; that's a bigger motivator than competition.

Archived