• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Need to find a way to slow down Greg Monroe

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  259
  • Days Won:  0

I was at the last game at the Verizon Center and Greg Monroe lit us up the first half and then for some stupid reason Georgetown got away from feeding him the ball.

I can ASSURE you that he is the guy they are going to tomorrow.  No way they can watch film of that game and not notice how much they feed him the ball first half and how big of a butt kicking they put on us.  I think they were up 13 at one point.  We straight up couldn't stop him and then in the second half he picked up a bunch of cheap fouls.

Anyways - I know Austin Freeman is going to get big time press, but Greg Monroe is our killer in the middle.  Best Big Man we see all year.

Go Bulls.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Monroe is a handful.

Guest AstroBull

He gets in foul trouble easily, and they have no one behind him that can do anything. Attack Attack Attack.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Georgetown doesn't have much depth. Monroe was pretty much neutered in the first game after he picked up his third foul. He stopped being aggressive and the game changed completely.

The first half he was literally unstoppable though.

• Content Count:  2,478

Foul his azz out!

For some reason, I don't feel good about this game tomorrow...

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Georgetown doesn't have much depth. Monroe was pretty much neutered in the first game after he picked up his third foul. He stopped being aggressive and the game changed completely.

This is true. The problem Monroe present is that he's a good passer so we can't just all out double team him like we did the DePaul big man today. Famous will probably get most of the assignment on Monroe so we know he'll have no resistance. We will need a big game from Gilchrist tomorrow to help offset the damage Monroe will do.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Alex Rivas did the best job of defending Monroe the first time because he had the freedom to play aggressively. I mean who the hell cares if he fouls out in the process. But if Famous or Fitzpatrick had fouled out (remember, this was when Gus was still out) we would have been screwed.

Archived