• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Times: No resolution between Leavitt, USF after lawyers meet

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

First of all, Trip, who said that I was talking about Dodd? Secondly mizzou and the rest. This is OLD NEWS, it has already been discussed/revealed/reported that the trooper, and the "I was too busy to come to the aid of my buddy" guy existed. Why are you all hanging on every word that is reported that can be construed as positive for jl? Just because HIS attorney says something it's gospel, but if the attorney representing USF said anything, it would be grandstanding, and postureing and any other negative conotation possible. jl doesn't love USF, if he did, he'd go away quietly. Mizzou, GO HOME, you don't give a **** about USF. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

First of all, Trip, who said that I was talking about Dodd? Secondly mizzou and the rest. This is OLD NEWS, it has already been discussed/revealed/reported that the trooper, and the "I was too busy to come to the aid of my buddy" guy existed. Why are you all hanging on every word that is reported that can be construed as positive for jl? Just because HIS attorney says something it's gospel, but if the attorney representing USF said anything, it would be grandstanding, and postureing and any other negative conotation possible. jl doesn't love USF, if he did, he'd go away quietly. Mizzou, GO HOME, you don't give a **** about USF. 

Mmmmm...I LOVE the smell of desperation in the morning!

Old news?  Dennis Dodd and Greg Auman don't think so.  I'm not hanging on anyone's word.  That would be you hanging onto the word of a 20 year old sociopath who is an admitted liar and the word of a player with an axe to grind that was seated 50 feet away.  I'm not accepting Leavitt's attroney's word as gospel, but I am accepting the sworn testimony of a decorated Florida State Trooper as gospel.  THe question is why are you accepting Miller's word as gospel?

PS...I AM HOME! 

This decorated State Trooper has USF worried for sure. That's why their attorneys won't give Leavitt the time of day. Bet next year I know one trooper who won't be getting in to see games for free. And you know so much about psychology. You have formal training or are you going by what your shrink said? And you never lied? You never lied to protect someone? Riiiiight. And this isn't your home. I am not the only one that voted you need to take a permanent or temp vacation. And the ones that say you should stay said you are amusing like a clown or someone with a bad haircut. Leavitt isn't getting a dime. A judge or jury just needs to see a game video with Leavitt running up and down screaming and acting like a 2 year old whose told he can't watch TV and it will be all she wrote.

If USF is openly ready to take it to the court system you better believe they have something as well... Maybe their own set of affidavits?

If it goes to court, won't all those people with affidavits be called upon as witnesses .... subject to cross examination?

If it goes to court, Leavitt's contacting witnesses during the investigation will be all the cause they will need to support their case.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This whole conversation is Leavitt's attorneys grasping at straws.  How was his information repressed?  It was included in the report that the investigative team spoke to the Trooper and he stated that he did not see Leavitt strike Miller.  Where is the surpression?  Desperation for sure, from the Leavitt side.

As I've said before, someone NOT seeing something does not mean it did not happen.  An unbiased observer who thinks it through would understand why.

Old news?  Dennis Dodd and Greg Auman don't think so.  I'm not hanging on anyone's word.  That would be you hanging onto the word of a 20 year old sociopath who is an admitted liar and the word of a player with an axe to grind that was seated 50 feet away.  I'm not accepting Leavitt's attroney's word as gospel, but I am accepting the sworn testimony of a decorated Florida State Trooper as gospel.  THe question is why are you accepting Miller's word as gospel?

PS...I AM HOME! 

"Desperation"?? I'm not losing any sleep or any money either way. What the **** do I have to be desperate about?

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

This whole conversation is Leavitt's attorneys grasping at straws.  How was his information repressed?  It was included in the report that the investigative team spoke to the Trooper and he stated that he did not see Leavitt strike Miller.  Where is the surpression?  Desperation for sure, from the Leavitt side.

As I've said before, someone NOT seeing something does not mean it did not happen.  An unbiased observer who thinks it through would understand why.

I don't think it's grasping at straws so much as putting information out there that may convince USF that 1. They will take this to a jury and 2. It is not the slam dunk USF may believe it is.

As I have said before a lot of people would be put on the stand and the jury would have to decide who to believe.  Not a 100% winner for either side.

PS...I AM HOME! 

Old News INDEED. You will notice the article linked to below has levaitt's attorney brining up the state trooper on JANUARY 11, 2010. You can rationalize it any way you want, but the trooper was brought up and reported about at least 12 days ago.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jan/11/112244/leavitt-wants-job-back-says-firing-usf-unwarranted/sports-colleges/

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

This decorated State Trooper has USF worried for sure. That's why their attorneys won't give Leavitt the time of day. Bet next year I know one trooper who won't be getting in to see games for free. And you know so much about psychology. You have formal training or are you going by what your shrink said? And you never lied? You never lied to protect someone? Riiiiight. And this isn't your home. I am not the only one that voted you need to take a permanent or temp vacation. And the ones that say you should stay said you are amusing like a clown or someone with a bad haircut. Leavitt isn't getting a dime. A judge or jury just needs to see a game video with Leavitt running up and down screaming and acting like a 2 year old whose told he can't watch TV and it will be all she wrote.

They spent 6 hours in mediation, that's at least the time of day.  

I still think this will settle, and for that to happen it will take many dimes paid to Leavitt.  Clearly you think this will be tried by a jury.

Better than 50% that no video of any sideline behavior gets in front of a jury.  To the extent that sideline behavior from games other than the UL game are relevant, a court would probably find it to be more prejudicial than probative and keep it out.  Video of the UL game and photographs of the post-game head butt damage have a better chance of getting in.

I don't think it's grasping at straws so much as putting information out there that may convince USF that 1. They will take this to a jury and 2. It is not the slam dunk USF may believe it is.

As I have said before a lot of people would be put on the stand and the jury would have to decide who to believe.  Not a 100% winner for either side.

See link above, this is not new information. It has been "put out" before by leavitt's attorney.

Exhibit A (sorry about the Go Knights. at the end. UGH)

Archived