• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FOR ALL THE BEEF STUD HATERS...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  996
  • Days Won:  0

I have pretty much kept out of this debate even though this is a group that is close to my heart.  Students will be students and that I understand, but for the most part everyone has good intentions and loves the Bulls.  I guess for me that is good enough..in fact..we need more just like them.  However you choose to express it, we all need to support our Bulls Athletics.  I saw this article and it made me feel embarrassed for WVU who's student section knowingly and intentionally causes disturbances...to the point that the Director of Student Affairs had to write a letter to the students which they mocked her for on their own homecourt.

ESPN wanted to highlight the Beef Studs during Campus Connection week.  The fact that we are even mentioned in the same conversation as the Cameron Crazies, or the Animals of Section B is a testament to the big things USF is doing.  I hope we can all stand behind our students, painted and clothed alike, and support USF.  Read this article. That is all.

GO BULLS!

-Gurly

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35205635/ns/sports-college_basketball/

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Beef Studs are alright with me, I say keep up the good work and hopefully more students will attend the home games. The team deserves all the support they can get.

Definitely agreed.  The record may not reflect it..but they play their hearts out.  So exciting!

GO BULLS!

-Gurly

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I have pretty much kept out of this debate even though this is a group that is close to my heart.  Students will be students and that I understand, but for the most part everyone has good intentions and loves the Bulls.  I guess for me that is good enough..in fact..we need more just like them.  However you choose to express it, we all need to support our Bulls Athletics.  I saw this article and it made me feel embarrassed for WVU who's student section knowingly and intentionally causes disturbances...to the point that the Director of Student Affairs had to write a letter to the students which they mocked her for on their own homecourt.

ESPN wanted to highlight the Beef Studs during Campus Connection week.  The fact that we are even mentioned in the same conversation as the Cameron Crazies, or the Animals of Section B is a testament to the big things USF is doing.  I hope we can all stand behind our students, painted and clothed alike, and support USF.  Read this article. That is all.

GO BULLS!

-Gurly

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35205635/ns/sports-college_basketball/

Excellent post. I'm glad you finally entered the fray  ;)

• Content Count:  1,633

Do the Crazies have problems with the student population, like the Studs do?

It's unfortunate that the relationship between the Studs v. virtually everyone else has crappy as it has, hopefully a few more W's will cure all of the hostility.

• Content Count:  1,985

I have to agree.  I have been watching the posts against the Beef studs for a while and not responded hoping it would die down.  However, I like the Beefs in the student section.  Over the years I have watched it get bigger and bigger.  If it is not your thing, don't feel bad not putting on body paint and joining in.  However, they have become tradition.

What I do see as awkward is when I see a 40 year old guy beef stud sitting in stands.  However, if that is your thing, I will not join you, but have at it.

I think they are a bit of a nationally recognized group for our campus, and for that I say thank you.  They show incredible spirit, are devoted fans, and stand out.

• Content Count:  1,985

Do the Crazies have problems with the student population, like the Studs do?

It's unfortunate that the relationship between the Studs v. virtually everyone else has crappy as it has, hopefully a few more W's will cure all of the hostility.

What is the problem between the Studs and the rest of the campus???  The above sentence makes no sense.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

1) That article was funny. WVU students are insane.

2) Beef Studs =/= Cameron Crazies. Sorry. I've defended you guys all season, but don't go overboard just because ESPN says so.

Outrunner, we are agreeing here.  That's my point exactly.  Those student groups are so defining and well organized..the fact that we are even mentioned with them is really awesome.  Someone at our school is getting us noticed.  It's just one of the pieces to a big time basketball program.  1 part athletes plus 1 part fan = OUR TEAM.  Gotta have both for success.  Right now, the athletes are doing more than their fair share.  I'm just saying we shouldn't put down ANYONE who is on OUR team. 

-Gurly

Archived