• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lavonte David- Linebacker NU Commit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Does anyone know whether David has been in for a visit in the last little bit? Nebraska Blog is saying they are signing Carnes.

http://www.huskerspot.com/forum/topics/carnes-to-lincoln

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  0

Read it again.  All it says is that he will be in Lincoln this Fall.  WKU plays at Nebraska this year.

Just sayin...

Read it again.  All it says is that he will be in Lincoln this Fall.  WKU plays at Nebraska this year.

Just sayin...

That what a later poster says, but the originator of the string is talking about him being a Husker.

• Content Count:  645

Just sayin...

That what a later poster says, but the originator of the string is talking about him being a Husker.

It very well could be, I just read it and he didn't say he was going to be a commit.  I don't really follow it too closely, so you probably have a better handle on it than me.

I just know it sounds like what some people on this board do.  Make a statement like that and then later come back with the punch line.

"He's going to be in Lincoln this Fall - Book it!"

then

"Of course it will be playing for WKU"

:)

• Content Count:  4,016

Does anyone know whether David has been in for a visit in the last little bit? Nebraska Blog is saying they are signing Carnes.

do you mean to us?  He did visit...and he's a FL kid from MNW. 

I know he's at Fort Scott finished there. Some people are saying Coaches at NU are upset that he visited without their knowledge.

Don't know how credible this is but I have seen it a couple of places now.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I know he's at Fort Scott finished there. Some people are saying Coaches at NU are upset that he visited without their knowledge.

Yeah he visited and their coaches didn't like it. This was discussed at length in another thread on official visitors about a week ago.

LB David visits South Florida

Lavonte David, the junior college linebacker commit from Fort Scott (Kan.) Community College, visited South Florida over the weekend.

But according to Scout, the linebacker is firmly committed to Nebraska. David told the recruiting Web site he didn’t initially think the visit was that big of a deal. But Husker coaches told him they just wish he’d have been more upfront about it.

“They just told me that they wished I would have told them what I was doing instead of finding out the way they did,†David told Scout. “But that’s done now.â€

David was the junior college teammate of Jermarcus Hardrick, the offensive lineman who is already part of the Husker program after enrolling in classes this semester.

Reach Brian Christopherson at bchristopherson@journalstar.com or 473-7439.

http://www.huskerextra.com/articles/2010/01/25/football/doc4b5e709c7b7f3116157606.txt

• Content Count:  4,016

Whooaaa that's some funny crap billreef.  Regardless what those boys are smoking Lavonte David is still considering USF.  He played at MNW-- Todd Chandler's HS, he was a teammate of Todd's on the National title Miami Northwestern team.  He was JPP's, and Jacquian Williams teammate at Fort Scott.  THey sound like he's some Lincoln Nebraska kid that's never been to FL.  None are even contemplating the fact that David is a FL boy, may want to return, and is only looking and possibly going to NU because his FSCC coach kinda pressured him into it.

This is a N, and USF battle...they can act cocky if they want, but most of those fans are clueless.  Carnes is probably going to WKU because that's his only 1-A offer, but don't tell NU fans.  I guess that's a good example of being igorant is truly bliss.

Yeah he visited and their coaches didn't like it. This was discussed at length in another thread on official visitors about a week ago.

LB David visits South Florida

Lavonte David, the junior college linebacker commit from Fort Scott (Kan.) Community College, visited South Florida over the weekend.

But according to Scout, the linebacker is firmly committed to Nebraska. David told the recruiting Web site he didn’t initially think the visit was that big of a deal. But Husker coaches told him they just wish he’d have been more upfront about it.

“They just told me that they wished I would have told them what I was doing instead of finding out the way they did,†David told Scout. “But that’s done now.â€

David was the junior college teammate of Jermarcus Hardrick, the offensive lineman who is already part of the Husker program after enrolling in classes this semester.

Reach Brian Christopherson at bchristopherson@journalstar.com or 473-7439.

http://www.huskerextra.com/articles/2010/01/25/football/doc4b5e709c7b7f3116157606.txt

Thanks

Archived