• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If ESPN Page 2 had a couple bowls

Guest AstroBull

Guest AstroBull

Thought a couple of these were nice

Directional Bowl

Aside from serving as early-season fodder for every powerhouse program looking to catch a breather, what do players at the nation's various directional schools have to look forward to each season? Sure, an occasional Northern Illinois or North Texas makes it to a bowl, but no such rewards exist for the bulk -- the East Carolinas and Central Michigans. Our solution? Set up a BCS-style ranking system and let the top two teams, who don't otherwise qualify for a bowl, play it out in East St. Louis. This year's Directional Bowl: Eastern Michigan vs. South Florida

Relegation Bowl

Since it worked so well with Keira Knightley, we're looking to England for a spot of inspiration. Famed teams like Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea annually slug it out for top honors in the English Premier League, but the action is almost as exciting on the other end of the table, where less illustrious clubs like West Bromwich Albion and Crystal Palace compete furiously through the end of the season to avoid demotion. Brilliant. So how about having the worst team in Division I play the I-AA champion for a spot in the big time? You wouldn't set your TiVo for a battle pitting Central Florida against Montana

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Thought a couple of these were nice

Directional Bowl

Aside from serving as early-season fodder for every powerhouse program looking to catch a breather, what do players at the nation's various directional schools have to look forward to each season? Sure, an occasional Northern Illinois or North Texas makes it to a bowl, but no such rewards exist for the bulk -- the East Carolinas and Central Michigans. Our solution? Set up a BCS-style ranking system and let the top two teams, who don't otherwise qualify for a bowl, play it out in East St. Louis. This year's Directional Bowl: Eastern Michigan vs. South Florida

Relegation Bowl

Since it worked so well with Keira Knightley, we're looking to England for a spot of inspiration. Famed teams like Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea annually slug it out for top honors in the English Premier League, but the action is almost as exciting on the other end of the table, where less illustrious clubs like West Bromwich Albion and Crystal Palace compete furiously through the end of the season to avoid demotion. Brilliant. So how about having the worst team in Division I play the I-AA champion for a spot in the big time? You wouldn't set your TiVo for a battle pitting Central Florida against Montana

Everyone seems to forget that #1 USC is a "directional" school.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

I would SO watch Montana dismantle UCF...and I would always watch the Bulls.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  243

And just because North Carolina and South Carolina are states, doesn't mean they are any less directional.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Any press is good press.