• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joel Miller is the savior of USF football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

When we win the Big East within the next 2 years we have Joel to Thank. The best thing to happen to the program was theblockJoel missed to fire Leavitt up.

Now we have a real coach, and a chance to advance as a program.

With Jimmy we were going nowhere.

And when Leavitt wins a multi-million dollar judgement/settlement will you celebrate that?  Will you give Joel Miller get credit for that as well?

When Holtz kicks Miller off the team will Skip be fired?  If Holtz can't win the Big East will you call for his firing?

leavitt is lucky he didnt end up in jail for hitting a student

• Topic Count:  251
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

i dont think holtz will win the BE next season.

CJL will get nothing from USF and there will be no suits between CJL/Miller. Just a guess :P

I can still remember when I was a very wise 21 year old with a wealth of life experience.  I thought I knew everything, too.

judging from your posts on here, the only thing that has changed is your age

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

When we win the Big East within the next 2 years we have Joel to Thank. The best thing to happen to the program was theblockJoel missed to fire Leavitt up.

It's always fun to speculate like that.  Let's hope you're right and Holtz can do some good thing for USF in the next two years.

The rest of your stuff is just bitterness because Miami put a beat down on you.  :)

If Holtz does not win the Big East in two years, this thread will be here for you to enjoy with your crow.

Hopefully we will win the BE, so all of you Leavitt apologists will also be eating a pretty healthy serving of crow...

They will just say that Holtz won the BE with Leavitt's team, just like people said Gruden won the Superbowl with Dungy's team.  ;D

not worried about that

as we will not recognize next years program or team

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633

It's always fun to speculate like that.  Let's hope you're right and Holtz can do some good thing for USF in the next two years.

The rest of your stuff is just bitterness because Miami put a beat down on you.  :)

If Holtz does not win the Big East in two years, this thread will be here for you to enjoy with your crow.

Hopefully we will win the BE, so all of you Leavitt apologists will also be eating a pretty healthy serving of crow...

They will just say that Holtz won the BE with Leavitt's team, just like people said Gruden won the Superbowl with Dungy's team.  ;D

not worried about that

as we will not recognize next years program or team

I'm just hoping for a more disciplined team. Hopefully jokers like Jerome Murphy wont have a spot on this team. He might have talent, but there wasn't much going on under those dreads...How many dumb, penalties can one guy make?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Leavitt still says it was never about the money.  But when Skip Holtz negotiated his contract, he asked to shift money from his salary to his assistant salary pool.

Interesting, eh?

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

What's interesting about that?

Leavitt repeatedly held out for more money for his assistants, so you're insinuation that Leavitt was some how hoarding money that could have gone to his assistants is kind of (and by kind of, I mean extremely) stupid.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

A team winning the BCS does not get $17million.  The BE pools bowl revenue and although the BE champ gets a big piece of the pie it is nowhere near $17 million.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633

Leavitt still says it was never about the money.  But when Skip Holtz negotiated his contract, he asked to shift money from his salary to his assistant salary pool.

Interesting, eh?

Agreed. I'm sure the pro-CJL crowd will argue that Leavitt never had that option, but why would they give it to Holtz and not him? Money spent is money spent, regardless of where it goes.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Leavitt repeatedly held out for more money for his assistants, so you're insinuation that Leavitt was some how hoarding money that could have gone to his assistants is kind of (and by kind of, I mean extremely) stupid.

Are you kidding me?  Do you think if Leavitt had said, "I want to lower the salary you have just offered me by $100k and add it to the assistant pool or we don't have a deal", that the answer would have been "No way, we want you to have more money, not your assistants because we want you to have lousy assistants."

The assistant pool money is part of the head coach contract.  Hopefully you were not aware of that.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Are you kidding me?  Do you think if Leavitt had said, "I want to lower the salary you have just offered me by $100k and add it to the assistant pool or we don't have a deal", that the answer would have been "No way, we want you to have more money, not your assistants because we want you to have lousy assistants."

The assistant pool money is part of the head coach contract.  Hopefully you were not aware of that.

I can't find anything on Greg's blog, but I'm pretty sure when Leavitt signed his final contract, exactly that exchange happened. I'm sure I read at the time that an increase in the assistant salary pool was what Leavitt was after in the contract.

Also, how much is Skip Holtz getting paid? It's more that Leavitt was getting paid, isn't it? How does that factor into your nonsense?