• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The National Buzz....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I heard on Rivals Radio today them talking about Snyder coming on board.  Talked about Holtz too, and his coaching changes.  Very positive impression of the changes.

Went on line and notices pretty much a common theme.  There were roughly a few hundred articles nationwide which were about USF coaching search, and were recent, and related to Holtz and co.  The press seems pretty positive about the change (kind of like how most of us feel about it).  I saw a Seattle paper picked the story up (as did NYC Times, ESPN, LA Times, San Fran, Chicago, USA Today, CBS Sports, ABC, WV paper, etc) .

I think I saw or heard the other day someone say that USF did better than USC and UT with their coaching pick, and that time will prove that out.

I guess I would ask, who, besides Holtz, would have generated this much interest.  Either Bowden?  Maybe, and a remote maybe, Tuberville (though we were late to the game on that). 

To me, it seems like we got the right coach at the right time.  And the press seems to agree.

• Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

National attention...very nice!

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Most of those are wire stories that were picked up by the different papers.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Most of those are wire stories that were picked up by the different papers.

Understood.  But also looks like the nationals had a blurb about us.  As well as the papers in all BE towns too. 

Snyder was  a big hire based on the news feeds out there.

I think Snyder was a slam dunk.  I'm a little concerned about Fitch.  The ECU fans seem to think he was vanilla and bad in the redzone, but then I read his offense has the record for points scored and TDs in ECU history.

• Content Count:  329

I think Snyder was a slam dunk.  I'm a little concerned about Fitch.  The ECU fans seem to think he was vanilla and bad in the redzone, but then I read his offense has the record for points scored and TDs in ECU history.

Maybe it was vanilla and bad in the redzone because he didn't have BCS quality players? Don't forget, ECU was playing with kids that they had to get AFTER all the Carolina BCS schools took their pick.

• Content Count:  771

snyder was a nice hire :D

Maybe it was vanilla and bad in the redzone because he didn't have BCS quality players? Don't forget, ECU was playing with kids that they had to get AFTER all the Carolina BCS schools took their pick.

I've thought of that, but I'm still a little concerned.

• Content Count:  367

Really? cause according to their board, they seem to think they have national champioship caliber players... lol. If you think UCF fans are delusional... just go and read some of their post.

and yet they won their division twice.

some people say the same thing about our school (gets the UF/FSU/UM leftovers - which isnt true, we beat them in recruiting occasionally) and i hope he can do the same at USF.

Archived