• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Museum of Holtz Sayings

Guest nybullsfan

Guest nybullsfan

And a couple of telling comments from his ECU players

You don't blame the man because when you are hot' date=' you've got to go. But this was a special time. When Coach Holtz speaks, you listen extra harder. He runs a football program the way it's supposed to be run.

[/quote']

He can take your watch' date=' sell it back to you and make you think you're getting a good deal. He's probably the best speaker I've ever heard. Now that sounds like a slick guy, right? Not once did he lie to any of us. He put our interests ahead of his own interests - always. We'd do anything for the man.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jan/16/so-who-skip-holtz/

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Daddy Holtz deserves some love too!

One-on-one with Lou Holtz

By Jeremy Fowler Orlando Sentinel

7:20 p.m. EST, January 17, 2010

On how the coaching profession has changed: "You didn't feel threatened by everybody. Most I ever made was $135,000. It wasn't about money. You just enjoyed what you were doing and you had a security about what you were doing. You didn't have the Internet and everybody getting fired and offensive. On Friday night after we put the team down, we'd go have drinks with the media … It's changed, and it hasn't changed for the better."

That is what is amazing.......the sick amount of money that they throw at coaches now-a-days.  Unbelievable that his son is now making 15 times more than he made and Skip is far from being the highest paid coach.  :o

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

Daddy Holtz deserves some love too!

One-on-one with Lou Holtz

By Jeremy Fowler Orlando Sentinel

7:20 p.m. EST, January 17, 2010

On how the coaching profession has changed: "You didn't feel threatened by everybody. Most I ever made was $135,000. It wasn't about money. You just enjoyed what you were doing and you had a security about what you were doing. You didn't have the Internet and everybody getting fired and offensive. On Friday night after we put the team down, we'd go have drinks with the media … It's changed, and it hasn't changed for the better."

That is what is amazing.......the sick amount of money that they throw at coaches now-a-days.  Unbelievable that his son is now making 15 times more than he made and Skip is far from being the highest paid coach.  :o

times are a changin...

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

it is great that the holtz family is now part of usf family

• Content Count:  1,037

"I don't want a quarterback that is going to be our leading ground gainer. I'm not looking for a quarterback to be our tailback. So much goes into the development of that position mentally, that you'd rather not have the wear and tear of having him being your leading ballcarrier during the course of the season. ... I think being a quarterback and being successful is more about making good decisions than it is just your physical attributes."

Really liked this one^^^^^^^^^^

• Content Count:  1,079

I think this was funny as hell:

"..and we had a young man like Chris Johnson, he ended up being our second-leading receiver because we couldn't hand it to him," he said. "We told our offensive linemen, 'Get run over slowly.' We told our quarterback to throw it quickly."

• Content Count:  444

"...turn..."

He says this frequently in an uncommon context.  Listen for it, you'll see.

• Content Count:  158

BEAT FLORIDA!!!

That's why I'm here.

This one won me over too :)

Archived