• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any word from the players..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

on the hiring of Skip Holtz?  I know many of us fans are excited and was wondering how the players felt, since this has obviously been difficult for them.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

The ones I know all said the same thing basically. He was really cool at their 830 meeting and are excited.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I think Holtz will make it a smooth transition.

• Content Count:  2,923

Thanks cmhatter.

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

One players' father said on another message board that his son told him that Coach Holtz made a BIG (good) impression on the players at the meeting last night.  I liked hearing that.

Normal

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

USF players like Holtz hire

Travis Bell    1 hr ago

Tampa, Fla. -- Every player in USF history was recruited by Jim Leavitt, so they are fiercely loyal to the man who built the program.

Skip Holtz was introduced Friday as Leavitt's replacement and tried to smooth over his new team.

"I need to thank Coach Leavitt for all the success that he's had with this program with what he's done in building it," Holtz said.

USF's returning players say they behind Holtz 100 percent and are ready to embrace their new coach after the tumultuous week that followed Leavitt's firing.

"I'm excited and relieved at the same time," wide receiver A.J. Love said. "We've been scrambling for this last week wondering who it was going to be. It just feels good to finally get some closure and take another step forward."

"It's a big sense of relief for all of us," linebacker Sabbath Joseph said. "Now we know who we have as a head coach."

Holtz will meet with each of his players individually over the next week, but sought out quarterback B.J. Daniels immediately following the press conference.

"It makes me feel good because I feel like I have a coach has his trust into me," Daniels said. "To have that kind of relationship with your coach is very important."

Travis Bell, 10 Connects Sports

http://www.wtsp.com/sports/story.aspx?storyid=122758&catid=4

• Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Cant be proud enough on how Sabbath Joseph stepped up and kept the team together. Way to go, Sabbath!! You are a true leader on the team!!!

• Content Count:  714

Yes it is great that Sabbath is stepping up to be a leader.  Would be nice if a couple more players do the same.  The last couple of years it seems that the team lacked true leaders.

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

"Everybody is happy right now," linebacker Sam Barrington said shortly after Holtz's introductory news conference Friday. "I can see it in their faces. I know my team."

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jan/16/sp-coach-puts-players-at-ease/sports-colleges-bulls/

And Barrington is only a true frosh....wowzers. This kid is going to be something special.

Archived