• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt wants jobs back... /Leavitt to speak at noon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Not a law slick, written into his contract and agreed to by both parties.

Where is his contract? Only thing mentioned in the investigation is a post termination interview as outlined by his contract. Is there a copy online of his contract?

It's mentioned directly in Woolard's letter of termination to Leavitt:

011310.jpg

While I don't think it necessarily wise to not give him the pre-term. meeting, what are the common practices at the university if an employee is terminated w/ cause? Is it standard or has it happened int he past where they don't or didn't give a pre-termination meeting when an employee was terminated w/ cause?

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Bulliever,

What did you expect the outcome of that meeting to be? 

Hard to tell.  I think one of two things:

1)  No change.  He's fired and has nothing to cling to

2)  He realizes something perhaps that he hadn't realized before - it's HIS ass on the line. 

#2 may be the real reason they skipped it.

I think more than likely they could have had that meeting and some discussion but still had the perseverance to complete the termination and owe him nothing contractually.

• Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Not a law slick, written into his contract and agreed to by both parties.

Where is his contract? Only thing mentioned in the investigation is a post termination interview as outlined by his contract. Is there a copy online of his contract?

It's mentioned directly in Woolard's letter of termination to Leavitt:

011310.jpg

While I don't think it necessarily wise to not give him the pre-term. meeting, what are the common practices at the university if an employee is terminated w/ cause? Is it standard or has it happened int he past where they don't or didn't give a pre-termination meeting when an employee was terminated w/ cause?

He is getting the post term meeting. National Signing Day is looming, and they allude to other circumstances. But who knows.

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

19374_1283691925534_1027183643_30883648_5690538_n.jpg

I missed the part where it says that all moneys will be due if pre-termination meeting is missed. I also do not see the word "emergency." I do see the part where it says "except in extraordinary or exigent circumstances." I would think these circumstances qualify.

http://media.tbo.com/tbo/pdfs/010810leavittcontract.pdf

Didn't they have a meeting with him before they made there determination where they presented him with all their findings, but he stuck to his guns and then we had that phone message left by judy? Maybe they felt that under the circumstances, that pre-termination meeting wouldn't change anything....Just a thought

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

They could have given the 10 days and had it all done before signing day AND if I am not mistaken during a quiet period in which he would not be allowed to contact recruits anyway.

They could have given the 10 days and had it all done before signing day AND if I am not mistaken during a quiet period in which he would not be allowed to contact recruits anyway.

I could be wrong, but doesn't the quiet period end this week? Meaning it would have run right into recruiting.

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

His lawyers "are like a fat lady in a milkshake store. They're grasping for straws."

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

leavitt really is mentally ill

he needs help

he will not get a head coaching job at 1a

Archived