• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I guess a lot of people on here did not actually read the report.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Come on, Bulliever, you're usually a voice of reason. Don't incite these angry fans to think that it could not have happened because they did not break up a coach on player altercation. 

Vic, excellent post.  I dont really understand the bulliever in this.  He usually is a voice of reason.  if he was a gambling man he would bet it happened.  i dont get the defense.  A love tap DOES NOT get a room to stop, gasp, look over and talk about something for weeks.  This whole thing is mind boggling.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I have doubts that it was an incredibly vicious arm bent back, wind up slap.

It clearly wasn't.  It was more of a "Hey, wake up!" kind of slap.  Which is why he should have owned up.  The incident itself was borderline acceptable behavior that could have been dealt with short of termination if Leavitt was willing to go along.  He lied instead, which is insubordination.  That will get you fired every day.

Either way Leavitt should not have done it.

But Mcmurphy definitely elaborated and stretched the truth. He's a tmz style reporter. its what he does.

Maybe not elaborated and stretched the truth, more like did not insert comments of reason into his articles the way other reporters do.  It's like fan the flames, and let hysteria rule.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

It clearly wasn't.  It was more of a "Hey, wake up!" kind of slap.  Which is why he should have owned up.  The incident itself was borderline acceptable behavior that could have been dealt with short of termination if Leavitt was willing to go along.  He lied instead, which is insubordination.  That will get you fired every day.

yea clearly.  the room gasped.  One player gets out of the way when leavitt does his thing.  You heard "ooohh".  The kid was shocked and disturbed.  It was talked about for weeks amongst players.  The kid told his folks.  His teammates told him to do what was right.  Im sure after headbutting a kid hard enough to gash his nose he then went over and loved tapped Miller.  hhahahaah  THINK bro! I know you love the guy, but just think. 

usually all that takes place on a "wake up" slap.  You dont believe that. 

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

Either way Leavitt should not have done it.

But Mcmurphy definitely elaborated and stretched the truth. He's a tmz style reporter. its what he does.

Maybe not elaborated and stretched the truth, more like did not insert comments of reason into his articles the way other reporters do.  It's like fan the flames, and let hysteria rule.

Clearly, none of us know what kind of slap it was because we weren't there!

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Come on, Bulliever, you're usually a voice of reason. Don't incite these angry fans to think that it could not have happened because they did not break up a coach on player altercation.

That is not my intent, I simply asked the question.  What would I have done?  I don't know.  I had a friend in college that always broke up scraps, it was his style.  He was a physical peacemaker.  Successful all but one time.  My brother-in-law is that way too.  At the Sun Bowl he broke up a fight before I even knew it was taking place next to us.  Believe me, when I ask questions it's not because of a hidden agenda, it's just curiosity.  I don't think bringing up a question again based on the report would incite anyone.

If anyone feels incited, you have my apology.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Back a few weeks ago, some questioned how, if this happened as McMurphy described in his article did someone, specifically letters B, C and maybe even D and H not get involved, not break it up.  How did they just sit there and watch it happen?

I would imagine, by the time the shock wore off it was already over.  It isn't like Leavitt grabbed by the thoat and held him against the wall for 30 seconds.

Also I think most are appalled a coach would do that, but I don't think many feared for Joel's safety.  If Joel was truly being strangled, I doubt he'd have much trouble laying Leavitt out. 

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

That's sort of the unbalanced equation...one group saw it and it caused shock and disbelief.

Another group saw it and, "ahhh, it was just coach being coach".

Just coach being coach?  Who witnessed the event and saw that?  Only the police officer from what I read.  Just judging by the "buzz" factor, almost no chance that was just coach being coach.

Archived