• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If Leavitt is fired, why not promote Joe Tresey to Head Coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

I've seen a ton of names out there, but why not promote Joe Tresey if Leavitt is fired?  I thought he did a good job at Cinci.. who knows how his relationships are with the current coordinators.  It could make the transition pretty smooth and would hurt recruiting (since coordinators do a lot of the recruiting).

That being said, on a side note, if we do lose our head coach, at least it's happening in a year where we don't have a ton of scholarships to give out and we are a young team...so, it wouldn't kill us...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,489
  • Days Won:  13

I would be okay with promoting him to interm Head Coach for the year, and see what happens.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I would be okay with promoting him to interm Head Coach for the year, and see what happens.

So, you're so hell bent on seeing Leavitt not be the head coach that you would rather give a guy with no HC experience a year to see how it goes?

...uhh, hello mr. 4 star recruit, I am Joe Tresey, "interim" head coach at USF. I have one year of recruiting in Florida under my belt, and who knows, I might not be here next year, but would you come to USF and play for me...errr...or whoever the coach is when you get here in August?

Phenomenal, yeah, lets give him a year and see what happens, thats how those conference and national contenders you so have your heart set on being operate.

:ROFLMAO

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

So, you're so hell bent on seeing Leavitt not be the head coach that you would rather give a guy with no HC experience a year to see how it goes?

...uhh, hello mr. 4 star recruit, I am Joe Tresey, "interim" head coach at USF. I have one year of recruiting in Florida under my belt, and who knows, I might not be here next year, but would you come to USF and play for me...errr...or whoever the coach is when you get here in August?

Phenomenal, yeah, lets give him a year and see what happens, thats how those conference and national contenders you so have your heart set on being operate.

+1

no recruiting ties, #5 in BE for total defense, #5 in BE for scoring defense, no HC experience.

4 senior potential NFL players on your D( not to mention a junior likely to go in the first round) and you can't do any better than #5 in an 8 team conference. no thanks.

• Content Count:  403

I wouldn't judge him on what he did here in 1 year.  In fact, that's one of USF's problems, no coordinators want to stay here and work under Leavitt for very long.  We need more consistancy.

• Content Count:  1,400

I wouldn't judge him on what he did here in 1 year.  In fact, that's one of USF's problems, no coordinators want to stay here and work under Leavitt for very long.  We need more consistancy.

how long was our previous DC here for?

• Content Count:  901

or the one before that

dam myna birds

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I'm not just judging him on what he did this year although a DC with 5 upper class NFL players should be able to rank better than #5 in an 8 team conference.

The fact that he has no head coaching experience, 3 years of BCS experience as a coordinator(fired from his last job), and very few ties to the state as far as recruiting means he wouldn't be a good fit,IMO.

• Content Count:  720

Ummmm, isn't UF doing that this year???

• Content Count:  292

if usf fires leavitt or leavitt walks, usf needs to bring in new blood

Archived