• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bob Huggins all over again... Leach is out there, yet will USF drag their feet

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Leach's issues are more related to his contract holdout than his treatment of Craig James's son, but the AD spun it to oust Leach. I would assume Woolard is a pretty intelligent individual and can see through the non-sense. There would be no drop off with Leach moving to USF. Leach would also be taking a pay cut... he's not getting $2.5M from anyone but UF at this stage of the game. Perception is everything. Leach didn't strike a kid,,, he just pissed off a very famous father for his tough love of a player. Leavitt hit a player... big difference. For those that miss Smazza... he just shot me a quick email saying he is pro-Leach, but he won't be posting on the message board today.

• Content Count:  579
  • Days Won:  0

on the inevitable? Leach is an established mind in football (considered an offensive genius). The longer the investigation drags out, the less likely Leach will be available. Leach's firing did not involve the hitting of a student-athlete (Woolard should at least consider that among the pro's and con's).

I like Woolard and feel he has made some good strides with our programs here... we fell into Heath because he got fired at the right time (although if Woolard had pulled the trigger earlier on RMC, Huggins would have been potentially available - ok McMurphy haters, come on out and say it's all BS).

Either way... the football ship will stay right side up (and that's what most of us care about)... We would stand a very good chance of playing and beating UF next season. We could still bring in similar recruits without a drop-off... and those who love the spread would see Loyala Marymount basketball from the Bo Kimble and Hank Gathers days every Saturday in Green and Gold. We need to move and stop screwing the pooch on this one. My two cents... but I see opportunity... I don't want an unapproven Charlie Strong or a Turner Gill from a smaller program... Let's score a coach that has won previously and is hungry to right his injustices.

How about Leavitt as Head Coach, Leach as Offensive Coordinator and Mangino as Defensive Coordinator?  All we need is a Catholic Priest for pre-game prayers and the recruits will fly in!!!!

• Content Count:  403

I wonder how many other message boards out there are saying that they'd like to have Leach for their football team.

What was said above is correct.  You can't fire 1 coach for player abuse and hire another one that just got fired for player abuse. 

That being said... Leavitt is really on the hot seat now.  Texas Tech just established a precident of firing a coach if he has a complaint against him.

• Content Count:  5,241

Texas Tech just fired one of the really bright up and coming football coaches because some rich kid didn't like being on the bench.

We can't hire him unfortunately, but someone out there will.

Guest Scherdin

A few of you already nailed it, you don't fire one "allegedly" problem coach for another.  We would have a media **** storm all over us waiting for something to happen. 

McNumbnutts, would be drooling over this...

Archived