• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

More Big 10 Expansion Talk

usf97

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=4735336

Wisconsin AD also pushing for 12th team. There is no question in my mind, that team would more than likely come from the Big East unless they wanted to try and take Iowa State which doesn't really help them. I know Paterno had been talking Rutgers but I don't think they make a lot of sense geographically. I would think they would look at Syracuse, Pitt or West Virginia. If they could take UWV, it would devastate our league plus help the Big 10 in basketball.

• Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

Well, something I have came across that I find intriguing is that the Big Ten is the only conference where all member schools are part of the [wiki=]Association of American Universities[/wiki].  The A of AU is a prestigious group of 60 universities that have high educational standards.  Some non- Big Ten schools I could see them targeting would be:

- Iowa State

- Mizzou

- Rutgers

- Pitt

- Syracuse

Notre Dame is not part of this group.

Yes this might kill the Big East for football/basketball, and yet it also could create a domino effect where the BE could pick up so wild card schools.  Who knows.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Missouri makes the most sense.  It fits geographically and culturally.

• Content Count:  21,142
  • Days Won:  39

With the current trend of successful coaches not wanting to stick around and build the conference, I would think losing teams would be the last straw.  What good teams are left to replace them?

• Content Count:  1,741
  • Days Won:  0

The most logical to me would be PITT.  Penn St. and Pitt were BIG rivals before Penn St. went to the Big Ten, they always played the last game of the season.  PITT is also close to all the Big Ten schools.

Archived