• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Benefits of going to International Bowl vs. St. Pete Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I know we would travel better to St. Pete but that date of 1/2 versus 12/19 makes a big difference. I think it is funny how last year everyone said we were too full of ourselves when we complained about going to the St. Pete Bowl. Well apparently so is Rutgers.  In this article Schiano says he is "disappointed" to go to St. Pete bowl. I am sure the UCFers love to hear that. He even mentioned he knew they could turn it down but wouldn't do it.

Apparently, that extra practice time means a lot to these coaches.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/20091206/SPORTS0302/912060329/1164/SPORTS50

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Why does anyone care how UCF feels about something the Rutgers coach said? We are going to a lesser bowl than them.

• Content Count:  684

According to the article, the St. Pete bowl gets the last pick of all bowls in the BE.

Why does anyone care how UCF feels about something the Rutgers coach said? We are going to a lesser bowl than them.

Well as I said, I am sure UCF fans would care.....didn't say most people would care. Would you be interested if NIU's coach said he was thinking about turning down the bowl.

Also, disagree that the St. Pete Bowl is a better bowl than the International. I would put all of the ESPN owned bowls on Par with each other. I think the payouts are all low. I don't know what St. Pete pays out but the International pays $750,000 whereas the Papa Johns only pays $300,000.  Actually, I would say the St. Pete bowl is probably the least prestigious bowl along with the EagleBank Bowl since they have the shortest history. Plus they play on the 1st day of Bowl season; I'd take Jan 2nd over Dec 19th any day. Plus is playing a MAC team any worse than playing a C-USA team?

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

The Big East adjusts the payouts that go to its member schools -- if I remember right, Toronto, Birmingham and St. Petersburg will all have the same $1 million payout this year.

• Content Count:  2,461

I would agree, in my opinion, the St. Pete bowl is the worst if not the second-worst bowl.

The fact that UCF is there kind of proves my point for me.

• Content Count:  1,400

I cant wait till this bowl goes away next year. Playing a MAC team sucks next year the Yankee bowl takes its spot and as long as the Big 12 has enough bowl eligible teams that should be a better match up. I wish the St. Pete Bowl did not have a CUSA tie in as well

• Content Count:  1,757

Well as I said, I am sure UCF fans would care.....didn't say most people would care. Would you be interested if NIU's coach said he was thinking about turning down the bowl.

Also, disagree that the St. Pete Bowl is a better bowl than the International. I would put all of the ESPN owned bowls on Par with each other. I think the payouts are all low. I don't know what St. Pete pays out but the International pays $750,000 whereas the Papa Johns only pays $300,000.  Actually, I would say the St. Pete bowl is probably the least prestigious bowl along with the EagleBank Bowl since they have the shortest history. Plus they play on the 1st day of Bowl season; I'd take Jan 2nd over Dec 19th any day. Plus is playing a MAC team any worse than playing a C-USA team?

UCF is playing Rutgers. We are playing NIU.

UCF is playing Rutgers. We are playing NIU.

Very true....was that in question?

My point if I need to clarify it, is last year we got all kinds of grief because our fan base turned their nose down on this Bowl. They were “disappointedâ€. There was what….something like 28,000 in attendance? (I was there thinking, “Where is everybodyâ€) We averaged over 40,000 for a home game. Well apparently our fan base isn’t the only ones who feels that way….so does another Big East coach. He’d almost just assume not go.

• Content Count:  2,461

I don't take the fact that Rutgers is going to St. Pete as evidence that it is not a ****** bowl game...

I just feel sorry for Rutgers.

I really hope they find it within themselves to somehow half-motivate themselves. That's all it would take to crush the knats.

Archived