• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Baseball Preview

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

So pumped for this season! Ever since last year ended I've only had regionals on my mind! Let's do it this year!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/baseball/blog/ncaabb_experts/post/South-Florida-ready-to-take-huge-step-forward?urn=ncaabb,206065

• Content Count:  7,890

I expect big things this season. Lets hope we get a good turnout all season and force the hand of USF to upgrade the Red

• Content Count:  2,523

We've got to hit for more power if we really are going to contend for the title and postseason.  Seemed last season we had to string together 3 hits to get any runs and seldom could clear the bases.  This type of offense just can't be sustained consistently enough to win series when you need them most against good pitching.  Do we really have any answer for our lack of power other than hoping guys from last season improve?

• Content Count:  827

I expect big things this season. Lets hope we get a good turnout all season and force the hand of USF to upgrade the Red

Upgrade to Red already approved. Happening sooner than you think! That is all I can say.

• Content Count:  7,890

Upgrade to Red already approved. Happening sooner than you think! That is all I can say.

I heard could be ready for play for next season.

I heard could be ready for play for next season.

That's what I'm hearing. SHOULD be opened for the 2011 season!

• Content Count:  827

USF baseball likely playing off campus in '09

The construction of a new baseball stadium on USF's campus will likely force the Bulls to play their 2009 baseball season off-campus, with the Yankees' complex in Tampa, the University of Tampa baseball field and  Al Lang Field in St. Petersburg as possible temporary homes.

USF's board of trustees on Thursday approved a financial proposal to cover $30 million in facility upgrades for USF's athletic department, with a new basketball practice facility, stadiums for baseball and softball and practice fields for the football team.

USF athletic director Doug Woolard said the university can minimize construction costs by having all work on the facilities done at once, but doing so will likely keep the Bulls from playing at Red McEwen Field.

Al Lang Field, the former spring training home of the Tampa Bay Rays, was host to the 2002 ACC baseball tournament. USF coach Lelo Prado has strong ties to the other two options -- he coached UT to two national championships and 278 wins from 1989-95, and his brother-in-law is former Yankees star Tino Martinez. The Bulls played a spring training exhibition at Steinbrenner Field against the Yankees in 2008.

USF is expected to make a decision as to the 2009 home of its baseball team later this month.

Posted by Greg Auman at 03:07:43 PM on December 3, 2009

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

When does it start... the Bulls site does not have a schedule posted... also how much are season tix's?

When does it start... the Bulls site does not have a schedule posted... also how much are season tix's?

Well since they'll be playing off campus this year, the home schedule is taking a little extra longer to be released. The season will start in mid february though. Not sure about season tickets because of the venue changes.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Great to see the baseball thread already.  I too have heard the rumblings about the new digs for the baseball team.  That might explain the reason for the schedule not to be finished yet.  I foresee more road games or tourneys early in the year due to the stadium issue.  Rumor has it we go to OU for a three game series...........

Archived