• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I congratulate RMC, then this. RMC: Player Slayer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

OK we'll kieep giving this guy a free pass.  He's gonna be like the 5 year old who's parents never set him straight when he did the wrong things as an adolescent and then goes on to become an axe murderer.  Guess we're all content for this to be the pattern for USF bball for years to come.:  

1)Recruit player.

2)Player quits.

3)Roster severly undermanned

4)Bring in Walk-on.

5)Team sucks.

If this were an isolated incident I wouldn't care.  Players abandoning their team should not happen with this type of frequency.  A team is like a family.  RMC is obviously not doing a good of building a family atmosphere with this program.  A member of a close knit family would not walk out at the drop of a hat.  

There are many "discipline" oriented coaches all around the country.  Being a disciplinarian is one thing, being a pig-headed, control freak, power-monger is another.  

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

you are obviously very alone in your feelings and views on the situation.  

RMC is doing exactly what you are saying he isn't.  You have been selling him down the river prior to any of your perceived mistakes, so you are trying to fit him to your mold that you already made for him.

I am happy with the direction things are heading, even if we only have 10 wins all season.  

Guest HowieP1
beastie,

Obviously you haven't seen the other threads.  Waters has personal issues, RMC wants him back.

For those who missed the follow up story:

USF freshman guard Montavious Waters, who left the program Wednesday, met with McCullum on Monday, but has not rejoined the team.  

``He's struggling with some personal things,'' McCullum said. ``We'll talk again [today]. We'd like for him to remain in the program, but quite honestly, I'm more concerned about him as an 18-year-old than him being in our program.''  

McCullum said he expects a decision from Waters by the end of the week.

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGBH6COK52E.html

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

4-0 and we are unhappy ?  Wow !  I guess we should be 10-0 by now.  I guess I am crazy cause I am just enjoying the wins.  How stupid of me.  Yea, lets get rid of Mac beacause.  Ahh,  errr,  well I don't know lets just get rid of him.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

Also... you can't say Mac ran off Mobley... if you are... you have your head up you ... (mild profanity, sorry)  ....

Mobley sits right next to me at the games... he cheers for the team, talks to RMC before the games.  Mobley is working on his grades... he is having a rough time... that happens now and then ...

he hasn't run anyone out of town, anyone that left voluntarily left, with perhaps the exception of a redshirt freshman sheldon franklin, who doesn't know what he is doing anyway.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Ya gotta love RMC quote about Waters and being more concerned about an 18 year old then a basketball player(paraphrasing)

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Not much fun leading the conference in FT percentage either. Better get on Coach about 3 ball percentage too. 2nd in the conference and #12 in the country is not going to cut it for this crowd!!

Shows what a little discipline can do for a team.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/stats/teamsort/USA/SCORING/regularseason?&_1:col_1=10

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/stats/teamsort/USA/SCORING/regularseason?&_1:col_1=13&_1:col_2=10

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

It's nice to see us shooting well from outside like we were a few years ago, even if it's still very early in the year.

It's really nice to see us shooting FT's so well, I can't remember when we've ever shot so well from the charity stripe.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

What the hell does discipline and shooting a three pointer have in common? Or shooting a free throw? Some of the assinine comments referencing back to the Greenberg years make me laugh. Either people can shoot three's or they can't. Free throws -- 80% of NBA players can't hit at an 80% clip... does that mean they're less disciplined? Jermaine O'Neal shoots free throws pretty **** well though... and what is he doing currently.