• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is our team better now than they were at the beginning of the season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

I recall CJL once commented he thought we would improve over the course of the season, given our youth at various positions.  I really don't see much improvement in the team's overall performance, though a few players may be better now than the were in September.  GB!

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The only improvement is our kicking game / special teams... the defense has remained the same and the offense struggles every game.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I would say NO!

At the beginning of the season, we had a 3-year starter QB set to break pretty much every QB record in the BE. Our offense could sustain drives and give the defense time to be rested and intense when they were on the field.

We do not have that right now. Now we can't sustain drives, the defense is on the field too much and the offense cannot score without getting a big play.

We are not better, but it is not 100% on the coaching as you suggest (though they should take a good chunk of the blame, but there are still plays there that are called, that we aren't hitting).

• Content Count:  10,219

I would say NO!

At the beginning of the season, we had a 3-year starter QB set to break pretty much every QB record in the BE. Our offense could sustain drives and give the defense time to be rested and intense when they were on the field.

We do not have that right now. Now we can't sustain drives, the defense is on the field too much and the offense cannot score without getting a big play.

We are not better, but it is not 100% on the coaching as you suggest (though they should take a good chunk of the blame, but there are still plays there that are called, that we aren't hitting).

yes and no

we have guy's individually getting better barrigton, jpp, sterling, lamaer, BJ, schwartz ect.

injuries have hurt mitchell, grothe, love, hester,  oline ect.

as a team we are not better but we are not that worse than the begginning. what we lack is consistancy and improved depth will solve that. my view is we are 2-3yrs away from having the depth needed to sustain a season where injuries always play a role.

coaching is always affected by players, that said we do not adjust well

Guest Scherdin

Are the players more experienced, yes...but that doesn't mean they are better.  We are still lacking discipline and focus by both the players and coaches.  Injuries have taken a toll, but we are still consistently playing catch up.  Not once did I see us go out and dominate a game on all facets.  We were always just getting by or needing that big play...  Weather it's the coaches game plans or the players lack of execution we are no better than where we were back in Sept.

There are a few players that have done some very good things as already listed. And with so many rs and true freshman already playing this should help out next season, but until they fix the basics (game plans, preparations, blocking, throwing and catching the ball, etc.) we will be watching some of the same football.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

The correct question to ask is, "Are we better than we were @ FSU?" That question will generate better answers.

The current question is an obvious 'No'. As much as I have hope and promise for BJ, Grothe was still our best shot at our best season ever.

My answer for either question would be 'No'.

Defense has been a little better, but has to carry the load and is worn.

Special teams as far as kicking is much better than early on, and the return game has showed promise, but I'd still like to see more progress.

Offense has a few highlight reel plays to be proud of, but has no identity or direction.

As much as our running game is nonexistant, Mo Plancher has had a really good year for himself, and Mike Ford has showed signs of improvement, but it's hard to judge when they are not utilized enough to know if they're actually getting better, or just catching people off guard because they don't know which RB is in.

• Content Count:  444

Is the QB now less likely to run out of bounds behind the line of scrimage than he was in week 4?

Archived