• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

At-large bowl?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  277
  • Days Won:  0

I think we are likely to go to PJC, though St. Pete will want a UCF-USF matchup.  

I think Rutgers goes to Int'l and UConn comes here.  Wouldn't be surprised if we play Auburn in Birmingham.  There's tradition for the Tigers to play there and I could see the PJC lobbying to get them.  Could be any one of Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, Kentucky, Arkansas, or Auburn.  Ole Miss maybe, but I think the SEC will make sure they slot higher.  Six 7-5 SEC teams to choose from with PJC going last.  

Florida and Alabama go to the BCS.  

LSU goes to the Capital One, though they could pick Ole Miss.  I doubt that happens.

Outback probably will take Georgia (they pick out of SEC East).

The Cotton Bowl will take Arkansas or Ole Miss.  They'd probably prefer Arkansas, though the SEC will likely want them to take Ole Miss.  I bet they take Arkansas.  Besides, Ole Miss was there last year.

Chick-fil-a will probably take Tennessee.

The Liberty and Music City Bowls will likely get Kentucky and South Carolina due to proximity of the fan bases.  

Independence Bowl gets Ole Miss, also due to proximity.

PJC gets Auburn.

So, official prediction from moi:

BCS Title:  UF versus someone (hopefully Nebraska wins and it's Cincy)

Sugar:  Alabama versus Cincinnati (most likely)

Cap One: LSU vs. Iowa (Penn State will get a BCS slot)

Outback: Georgia vs. Wisconsin

Cotton Bowl: Arkansas vs. Nebraska

Chick-Fil-A: Tennessee vs. Clemson

Liberty: South Carolina vs. Houston

Music City: Kentucky vs. North Carolina

Independence: Texas A&M vs. Ole Miss

PJC Bowl: Auburn vs. USF

I'm with you most of the way. 

If the Cotton goes Big 12 South (Oklahoma State) then they may pick an Auburn team that took Alabama to the wire.

I don't think Ole Miss slides that far down.  They'll go to the Chick-fil-a Bowl against Virginia Tech.

Tennessee will get bumped to the Liberty Bowl causing South Carolina to play us or the Mountaineers in the PJC Bowl.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,502

Are you people ******** me?  How the hell can you reward piss poor confwerence playwith a bowl berth?  Just because a college team is bowl eligible doesn't mean they should go to any bowl.

Piss poor playing doesn't deserve to go to a bowl game.

:nope :nope :nope

• Content Count:  1,254

Are you people ******** me?  How the hell can you reward **** poor confwerence playwith a bowl berth?  Just because a college team is bowl eligible doesn't mean they should go to any bowl.

**** poor playing doesn't deserve to go to a bowl game.

:nope :nope :nope

+1

We do not deserve to go to a bowl. Maybe that will be the key to getting Leavitt out of here.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

We're not independent.  Our conference has contracted for bowl slots.  If we refuse to play because we do not want to (as opposed to the s.carolina clemson situation) we will create problems with our bowl partners and also with our conference mates.  Just won't happen. 

also, as noted above we need the 15 extra practices.

We're not independent.  Our conference has contracted for bowl slots.  If we refuse to play because we do not want to (as opposed to the s.carolina clemson situation) we will create problems with our bowl partners and also with our conference mates.  Just won't happen. 

also, as noted above we need the 15 extra practices.

15 extra practices are really gonna help with discipline......do not make me laugh.  Who gives a flying fart about upsetting our conference mates.

If you are saying this team should go to a bowl you are crazier than the day is long.  YOU DO NOT REWARD PISS POOR PLAY.  That is what a bowl is....a reward.  This typical of a society that is not iiling to eforce discipline, but would rather say there are no losers...everyone is a winner.  BULLSHITTE.

Guest nybullsfan

win or lose against uconn, doesn't matter whether we finish 7-5 or 8-4, we're going to b'ham

as for whether we deserve to go or not, that's for woolard to decide.

the only thing that can keep us out of the bowl game is usf declining the invitation. and this will happen when it gets very cold down below...

win or lose against uconn, doesn't matter whether we finish 7-5 or 8-4, we're going to b'ham

as for whether we deserve to go or not, that's for woolard to decide.

the only thing that can keep us out of the bowl game is usf declining the invitation. and this will happen when it gets very cold down below...

Woolard needs to grow a pair and decline any bowl invation.  WOOLARD BE A REAL MAN !!!

• Content Count:  1,204

I'm with you most of the way. 

If the Cotton goes Big 12 South (Oklahoma State) then they may pick an Auburn team that took Alabama to the wire.

I don't think Ole Miss slides that far down.  They'll go to the Chick-fil-a Bowl against Virginia Tech.

Tennessee will get bumped to the Liberty Bowl causing South Carolina to play us or the Mountaineers in the PJC Bowl.

I think Ole Miss wouldn't have before yesterday.  Now they are within one game of the rest of the SEC.  Had they beaten Mississippi State they would have ended up in the Outback.

But Ole Miss is one of the least attractive teams for TV ratings from the SEC.  Think of the interest in a Tennessee vs. Clemson game in Atlanta.  Tennessee is not what they have been, but they are a bigger name than Ole Miss.

They could get picked for one of the bowls up in Tennessee.

The PJC will do whatever it can to secure Auburn.  And for the SEC it works because transportation will be cheap.  They can take a bus to Birmingham.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Upsetting our bowl partners, conference mates and ultimately espn will result in a loss of revenue to the conference.  Do it enough times and we will be "templed" and back in cusa.

Also, bowls stopped being rewards for a good season a long time ago. 

Guest nybullsfan

The PJC will do whatever it can to secure Auburn. 

this.

not sure if they'll have any success at getting auburn, but i'm sure they will try. auburn's revenge factor will certainly be a factor, as the sec powers-that-be would probably support a rematch with usf playing so badly this year

imo, pjb would go for teams in this order, to build attendance

1.auburn

2.ole miss

3.georgia

4.tenn

5.usc

6.ky

Archived