• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ND Loss to Navy, could mean BK leaving UC?

bullwark

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Will ND's loss to Navy spur the Golden Domers to seek a change at the Head Coaching position and if so, will it be Coach Kelly at UC.  Last season stoked that speculation and this year it can only intensify.

Here is a link from an article that ran last year.

http://www.mlive.com/sports/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2008/11/cincinnatis_kelly_a_popular_co.html

• Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

I still think Notre Dame offers Urban Meyer before Brian Kelly....he's a second choice but I think Urban takes the job

I think Penn State goes after Brian Kelly when Joe Pa is gone...unless they already have a HC in waiting like FSU

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I don't see Urban jumping from Florida unless they wanna get rid of him.

Brian Kelly is Catholic and a great coach, plus Cincy can't pony up ND type money

• Content Count:  5,241

I think brian kelly stays in cincy for at least one more year

• Content Count:  2,016

Nope ND's loss changes nothing for BK he stays in Cinci.  This is because Weis is showing the improvement that he needed to do this year.  With that long-term contract ND lets it play out a bit more, at least one more season.  If Joe Pa retires, Penn State will probably make a run for BK but it might just be a Leavitt situation for BK in Cinci. Next year the BE will have the same coaches it does this year, except for Kragthorpe.

• Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Do not rule out CHUCKIE, yes, I think Gruden will get some mention....

• Content Count:  182

Is ND still a job coaches really want? Of course $$$$ makes it so much more attractive. I just dont see ND as one of the top draws for recruits like it was in the 80s. So they play on NBC, a lot of schools can offer the national tv exposure that ND can.

Meyer is certainly not leaving Gainesville for South Bend, and Kelly would be silly to leave Cincy right now. Kelly stays until something really good opens up, Michigan perhaps....the Rich Rod experiment will end very soon if the Wolverines dont have a good 2010.

• Content Count:  809

Is ND still a job coaches really want? Of course $$$$ makes it so much more attractive. I just dont see ND as one of the top draws for recruits like it was in the 80s. So they play on NBC, a lot of schools can offer the national tv exposure that ND can.

Meyer is certainly not leaving Gainesville for South Bend, and Kelly would be silly to leave Cincy right now. Kelly stays until something really good opens up, Michigan perhaps....the Rich Rod experiment will end very soon if the Wolverines dont have a good 2010.

Yes, because it's an ego coaching job.

Coaches want to coach at Notre Dame, because they want to be known as "the guy that brought notre dame back"

• Content Count:  640

ND could very easily drop their last three games.

Pitt is rolling.

UConn wants to win bad, for JH.

Stanford hasn't lost at home this year, and they proved themselves against U of O.

If that happens ND goes 7-5, I don't see Weiss staying.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I don't think Kelly thinks twice to leave Cincy. He didn't leaving a very good Central Michigan team and success isn't guarenteed at Cincy forever.

Ask Greg Schiano.

Archived