• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We're probably not beating UConn this year..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

this post is like probably one of the most realisitc now. I mean honestly, how slim is our chance of winning? I love our team but Uconn lost to cincy by 2 scoring 45, lost to pitt by 3, not to mention all their other losses. These types of teams are why we need to change the size of the kids we are recruiting. These guys are determined and are playing as good as anyone right now. We need to play flawless and in order to avoid a sure loss we need to do some really creative things on both offense and defense.

\ourkidsdon hve technique t tackle or the gutsto tackle

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

You know...I attended UConn in 2007 when we played up there.(good showing by USF fans, BTW)

It was cold and it was wet.  It was TERRIBLE. 

I'd have to say it was almost as BAD as rutgers this year.  At least we scored some points that year though...although we didn't score till the SECOND HALF!!!

Ugh...I don't know what to think about this game...its going to be TOUGH!!!

REALLY TOUGH!!!

Like...much tougher than RUTGERS.

I guess it depends on what teams come to play.  Will it be the UConn team that played against Rutgers and lost?  Or will it be the UConn team that threw 45 on Cincy @ Cincy!?!?! Will it be the USF team that played smashmouth football against a tough and bigger O-line at FSU?  Or will it be the USF that was pushed around by a smashmouth Rutgers team?

Ugh...so many questions.  I will have to go with my gut on this one...all signs point to LOSS!!!

Especially if its cold and snowy.  Don't see us winning up there...PERIOD.

For those Bulls fans that have traveled and know how cold it gets at some of those BIG EAST away games...you know what im talking about.

Sometimes i get so pissed that we are in this league...cause playing games in sh!tty weather like that sux balls. 

I would go so far as to say that UF would have a tough time playing in sub 40 degree weather. 

Teblow would freeze his jesus-loving jorts off!!!

ugh...GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

this post is like probably one of the most realisitc now. I mean honestly, how slim is our chance of winning? I love our team but Uconn lost to cincy by 2 scoring 45, lost to pitt by 3, not to mention all their other losses. These types of teams are why we need to change the size of the kids we are recruiting. These guys are determined and are playing as good as anyone right now. We need to play flawless and in order to avoid a sure loss we need to do some really creative things on both offense and defense.

\ourkidsdon hve technique t tackle or the gutsto tackle

WTF language is that?  ???

Or what are you on?

he is on some kinda reverse kool-aid that effects your typing skills and willingness to root for the team you apparently "cheer for".

GO BULLS!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Look we lose defensively becasue of who is throwing the ball not running it. Look at our three losses, what do they have in common, Pike/Colleros, Stull, Savage. all our wins have come against teams that, in general, aren't able to effectively throw the ball, not just on us, on everyone. Cincy doesn't really have a running game but they have the best passing attack. Rutgers has something of a running game, while Pitt definatley does and they both have decent passing. We had to look at the offense multidemensionally so we got blown out by those two teams. West Virginia only has a running game so we stack the box dare 'em to beat us through the air and we have a great run defense and were able to shut them down.  Our secondary is weak and it shows. Miami is going to give us fits because Harris can throw the ball (3000 yds, 21 tds) BUUT they don't have much of a run game so I see the Miami game looking similar to the Cincy game which is fine by me because we were in that game until Colleros came in, so being in that situation before with the same kind of offense, I think we can handle it. As far as UConn goes, do you know who the UConn QB is? No? That's becasue he's only thrown 6 tds. We will put 11 guys in the box and ask the QB to please try and throw the ball downfield. If he can, well it might be a long day but if he can't you can circle OVER in your notebook probably by the half. As far as the argument that UConn keeps games close, they keep games close because they have excellent ball management. That doesn't portend doom for the Bulls. They don't need the ball a long time to score.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I say we loose the UConn game because of the weather... Floridians can't play in the tundra and win... only team that has had luck doing so is the Dolphins.

I say we loose the UConn game because of the weather... Floridians can't play in the tundra and win... only team that has had luck doing so is the Dolphins.

VERY TRUE!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  1,894

Look we lose defensively becasue of who is throwing the ball not running it. Look at our three losses, what do they have in common, Pike/Colleros, Stull, Savage. all our wins have come against teams that, in general, aren't able to effectively throw the ball, not just on us, on everyone. Cincy doesn't really have a running game but they have the best passing attack. Rutgers has something of a running game, while Pitt definatley does and they both have decent passing. We had to look at the offense multidemensionally so we got blown out by those two teams. West Virginia only has a running game so we stack the box dare 'em to beat us through the air and we have a great run defense and were able to shut them down.  Our secondary is weak and it shows. Miami is going to give us fits because Harris can throw the ball (3000 yds, 21 tds) BUUT they don't have much of a run game so I see the Miami game looking similar to the Cincy game which is fine by me because we were in that game until Colleros came in, so being in that situation before with the same kind of offense, I think we can handle it. As far as UConn goes, do you know who the UConn QB is? No? That's becasue he's only thrown 6 tds. We will put 11 guys in the box and ask the QB to please try and throw the ball downfield. If he can, well it might be a long day but if he can't you can circle OVER in your notebook probably by the half. As far as the argument that UConn keeps games close, they keep games close because they have excellent ball management. That doesn't portend doom for the Bulls. They don't need the ball a long time to score.

Not quite sure what your trying to say haha this is a bunch of nothing. Pitts balanced offesne and anyone with a balanced offense is going to give us trouble because typically we cant stop anyone who is balanced. This gives exception to cincy but cincy you say has no running game, i beg to differ. They run at the right times and keep you just enough at bay that you have to worry about a screen or a run. Anyone who can utalize playaction will kill our team. Miami does run the ball really well. They will run it right at us too, so be prepared for aa pretty balanced attack from miami.

• Content Count:  10,219

we will have our hands full.

nice win against ND...maybe they will join the BE now.

• Content Count:  2,558

this thread sux

Archived