• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which was worse on Saturday?

I'd say the running game.  It would have kept UC's offense off the field more.

You are wrong - sort of.  The defense is off the field for the same amount of time regarldess of what play is called.  What is actually happening is that by running the ball we are burning more clock which puts the defense out there a less number of times which gives the opposition's offense less opportunities to score.

Guest S.  Bien
SC I said that in an earlier post when Bien was trying to explain how our defense was going to try to stop Cini offense and I said it wasn't because no one else has..  Ball control offense was how we would stop them and clearly running the ball is how you do that.  I have one question for someone who watched the game.  Did Cinci put 11 in the box or what happened.  Clearly we were having success running the ball and then nothing ?  I was at work and didn't get to see the game.

They stacked the line and begged us to throw, but as we've gone all season our passing game couldn't help re-open the passing lanes.  This team isn't built to pound the ball 40-50 times a game against good defenses, unfortunately our QB isn't equiped to throw it much either.

The defensive coaches did everything they could to put pressure, but our players just plain stunk up the joint.  I saw some improvement the last three games on defense but Saturday it seemed as if we went in reverse.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

did we blitz?

firehobbie.com

why are we calling all plays in from the side lines?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Bien, I didn't see the game but I will go with your assement that the D took a step backwards.  We should remember one thing though and the fact is no one in the last three games got a sack on the Cinci QB so you need to give the Cinci offensive line some credit for doing a good job.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

You are wrong - sort of.  The defense is off the field for the same amount of time regarldess of what play is called.  What is actually happening is that by running the ball we are burning more clock which puts the defense out there a less number of times which gives the opposition's offense less opportunities to score.

In addition, I believe, based on the running game in the first quater, we would have gotten more yards, first downs, etc., thereby keeping UC's offense off even more.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Inability to pressure the quarterback doomed the USF D.  When the DL pressures the DBs look worlds better.  It was apparent the D was going after Guduli.  Blitzing didn't work.  Cinci adjusted and shut the blitzing down by the second quarter.

Additionally, Pat's inconsistent arm was the nail in the coffin.  Becoming one dimensional killed the O.  You saw that early when UC D was figuring the Bulls out.  Andre got some nice yardage.  Pat's arm is just sooo inconsistent on the road.  He only has one decent game on the road, UAB but we know that's due to Andre running wild.  There were a few times Pat should of tucked & run for 8-9 yards too.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

Hobbie always abandons the running game when USF gets behind.  There was plenty of time left in the 2nd half to continue to run the ball and get USF back within 1 score.  He chose to throw on every down however.  Didn't take Cincy long to put us away after that.  

That wasn't the difference in the game though, Cincy was better and more experienced.