• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lost in the hoopla - USF pass defense

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

USF's recently maligned secondary gave up a 32 yard pass completion on the first play of the game.  After that, the next longest completion was a 16 yarder in the 3rd quarter.

It seemed to me we didn't let them get behind us, nor did we play 15 yards behind them.  I thought the coverage was much better.  Jarrett Brown was seen several times scrambling and looking unable to find anyone open, only to throw it away. 

Granted there were a number of guys that had highlight plays like Kion, George, Jason P-P, but I was happy to see our corners tighten up.  Listening to the broadcast repeating over and over the "gun" of an arm Brown has, it was nice to see it look unloaded while B.J. displayed the heavy artillery through the air.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I saw Jerome Murphy make a couple of nice plays.  After a strange two games...

It seems like the team was too keyed up for the Cincy game, then couldn't really recover emotionally for Pitt.  It has to be really difficult to bring the passion week in and week out, but not too much.  If we can ever figure out how to maintain the balance week to week, that's when we'll arrive.  Looks like Cincy has it figure out, not so much for Pitt.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I saw Jerome Murphy make a couple of nice plays.  After a strange two games...

It seems like the team was too keyed up for the Cincy game, then couldn't really recover emotionally for Pitt.  It has to be really difficult to bring the passion week in and week out, but not too much.  If we can ever figure out how to maintain the balance week to week, that's when we'll arrive.  Looks like Cincy has it figure out, not so much for Pitt.

I agree, the day we see consistent play every week is when we win big east.

Toss the Pitt game out that wasn't our team that day.

Archived