• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football: Is it so bad to have an off year?

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

Maybe a lot of Bulls posting on here are just kids... too emotional over wins and losses.

Anyway, we Bulls have been spoiled by our own success. Remember not too long ago when we were looking to see where the Bulls were in the D-II polls each week?

So we have an off year, but at least it wasn't last season when the Big East was deciding which program to choose...

Yeah, a bowl would be nice this year. But really, tell me we're not going to kick some major butt in the Big East and be in bowl hunts every year down the road...

C-USA is a dead conference: Who is really going to remember this year after it's over?!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

yes

we have underachieved

our schemes are bad

talent overated

and how can our coaching staff not recruited a qb in 3 years

we have had 2 off years

i expect usf football to rival big 3

i certainly expected usf to  win cusa this year

i certainly expected usf to cream army and cinncinnati

if usf doesn't improve we won't stay in big east long

i thought we would have made a bowl by now

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Our team is very young specially on defense,has to get bigger and smarter.This will come with playing time.

On offense our QB play is not good it has been hidden against teams with bad defenses by the running of Hall and big pass plays. But the passing is inconsistent specially on short routes.

Memphis we have a shot because they are not good ion defense as ECU and others have shown. Pitt will be a tougher game. Both teams have good QB's but their OL are not as strong as the ones we faced at SC,UL and UC.

We could go 6-5 but this team is NOT a bowl quality team.

we need talent\

young and inexperience isn't our problem

though the establishment would have you believe that

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

smazza,

After seeing your many posts about our coaching, talent, etc.  I've come to the conclusion, you know very little about college football.  We've recruited QBs, they didn't come.  There is a big difference, physically between 18-19 year-olds and 20-21 year-olds.  The college game is much faster than the high school game.  That is why very few freshmen (true or redshirt) that make an immediate impact on a D1A college football team.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

No, it's not.  You are right, though, we have been spoiled.  We need to be prepared for years like this and possibly consecutive years.  Even the Florida teams have off years.  We will be fine.  Recruiting will get better, talent will get better and we might even get a new OC.  Santa? Anyone?

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

BasketBull,

Now I know why you were so upset about this message board about a month ago. USF football has created this monster.  I guess it is a good thing that there are USF fans that care and criticize the program. However, some of you are being too harsh on the staff. You cant win with the players we have right now. We are too young and need a QB that will win like Marquell. Face it, the USF defense last season won us alot of those games. Also, I believe our schedule this season was the toughest by far. C-USA is pretty up this season, so USF was in a bad spot to have a rebuilding season. Many experts expected USF to win about 3 to 4 games this season. Well, so far they are right. USF will be ok as long as the fans dont turn their back on this program. Learn to be thankful for having a football program that is going to the BIG EAST. In a way, I believe USF fans are now too spoiled and want to win the national championship right now. It takes some time, folks. USF got beat by a good Cincy team on the road. There is no shame in that.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

We need to look in retrospect at all aspects of the program. From coaching, to players, to discipline, to attitude. Maybe having a rough year is good. It forces the issues needed to be corrected. Adversity only makes you better.