• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hey Denson-Strap Up You Could be the Missing Link

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

smazza

Get a grip, Denson had HUGE numbers playing in DADE COUNTY where teams are stacked with great athletes MOST of them on defense. Kraky's numbers were suspect due to the competition he faced.

We will find out what he can or cannot do next year,but ill predict hell beat out PJ.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I think Brandon Baker is a darn good punter.  He is the least of our worries right now.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Denson is more likely a solution for next year than Grothe IMO. Denson has a full year to sit, learn and watch and as stated before, was as good if not better than Grothe back in high school.  Either way, it will be good to know that PJ will have some serious competition next year with Denson, Grothe and possibly Hill in camp.  

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Have any of our "insiders' heard how Denson is looking in practice?  I mean is he runing circles around everybody?  Probably doesn't matter much because coach tried to feed us the fact the PJ and Banks both looked awesome in practice.  Our coaching staff may not be the best evaluators of talent.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

cubull- dension is small and  when did he put up big numbers in high school

3 years ago

he is not the answer

have you seen film on him playing qb at  auburn?

you thought banks and jewelmiste were the answer so please don't tell me to get a grip

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

smazza i never said Banks nor Julmiste were the answers. I saw Julmiste in HS and was not impressed. I thought he would improve and he has, but he still not a 1A QB.

As for Denson yes, he is not  a tall QB, thats why everyone in the Miami area though it was a BIG mistake for him to go to Auburn, originally he had verballed to VTech. He will not work as a pocket drop back QB, which happens to be Auburn;s style. He works well in spread offenses were he can scramble and take off. He is more precise than Julmiste (not saying much) and can throw on the run, he is very fast and if he gets past the rushing lines hell take 15-20 yds. He is very similar to Charlie Ward when he was at FSU.

We will see next year, ill remmind you of what you said or youll the same. But he is hands down better than PJ

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

Have any of our "insiders' heard how Denson is looking in practice?  I mean is he runing circles around everybody?  Probably doesn't matter much because coach tried to feed us the fact the PJ and Banks both looked awesome in practice.  Our coaching staff may not be the best evaluators of talent.

Couple of thangs:

1. Just becaue you wanna be QB, doesn't mean you're gonna be QB. You will play whatever position the coach feels you need to play.  ;)

2. There's a world of difference between what the coach sees and what the coach says. Do you, honest-to-God, believe that any coach is going to say that their starting QB is average or below? Just because the coach says "x" for the press, doesn't necessarily make it a true statement. They may be great at evaluating talent, but they're never going to say they have anything less than stellar players.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

beastiebull,

You have to remember that Banks and Julmiste are looking good against USF's secondary in practice. I hate to say it, but USF needs to improve the secondary ASAP. There were too many games lost because of our bad play in the secondary. And dont put all the blame on Verpaele. That kid is getting much better. I still think we are very beatable by the pass unlike our teams of old. BRING BACK JR REED AND ANT HENRY!!!!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we should be dripping with cbs