• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We won by 1 (MBB)-Anybody Go??

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

ES,

Are you guys investigating programs to deal with the lower bowl no shows?  I know the pros work with their season ticket holders to help them resell tickets, donate the tickets, or anything else to get a butt in the seat. Also, any thoughts on letting other fans move down to empty seats with maybe 15 minutes left in the game?

Especially sections E1 and P1 - they are always empty and must provide for a horrible atmosphere for the team.  And maybe let anyone slide into H1 when the students are not on campus - the band looks lonely.

Thanks for listening.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158
  • Days Won:  0

We have discussed that but I don't foresee opening the lower bowl to everyone in the near future.  The reason being is to protect those individuals that have paid the donation, bought the tickets, and are showing up.  It wouldn't be fair to them.  

Eric

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Jewbull:

In response to your comment about the minimum $2,000 gift to purchase seats in the lower level, all but about 8 seats in the lower level are sold.  We can't force people to attend but once we made the announcement of joining the Big East, the few seats that were available were sold.  There is a very high demand for these seats and not enough to go around.  Just thought I'd make sure you had all the facts.  Go Bulls!

Eric

Eric, when talking lower level, does that include behind the basket also?

Also, what exactly is the set up on the lower side behind the benches? The section right behind our bench are usually marked with something. Is the center section for students only? Just curious .............

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I am behind the basket on the home side, and it is usually fairly empty, $1000 donation, not $2k, and a bunch of the seats are reserved for special guests, player invites etc.  At least that is how it appears.  The lady that helps out with getting people their seats talked to me last year and wondered how I always got the same comp seat and i told her I was a season ticket holder and she was surprised that I had that seat surrounded by the freebies.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

A fair compromise would be to let people come down courtside in the second half. They used to remove the ushers at halftime, but then sometime around 1997-8 they started keeping them there full-time.

If people aren't going to show up and use their seats, then don't deny the home team and fans the chance to get more personal and cheer for the team from the front row.

These seats should be accessible by true fans and not just for the portion of the donor crowd who only show up when it's fashionable.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Fortunately I'm one of the few who actually go to the games.  I hate the fact that so many buy tickets and don't go.  But there is no way they can open up those areas.  I pay my donation for my right to sit there.  You start letting everyone sit there for free and we'll all stop paying our donations.

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

Velcro:

You are correct in that the seats behind the basket require a minimum $1,000 contribution.  The seats that are reserved are typically for recruits and their families or special guests of the coach.  I believe the seats behind the one basket (opposite of the band) are used for player family tickets.  But their are some season ticket holders mixed in their.

Eric

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

I pay my donation for my right to sit there.  You start letting everyone sit there for free and we'll all stop paying our donations.

I can understand this point of view when mens hoops is able to draw 6000+ per game, but not when there's maybe 1500 people in the building for a game.

If you don't sit there, why not let somebody else cheer the team instead. This is not an exclusive luxury box we're talking about, it's a seat at a college basketball game. Omni I don't want to turn this into a personal pissing contest but they used to allow this and it strikes me as a bit territorial for people to collectively tell USF how they can manage empty seats.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I can understand this point of view when mens hoops is able to draw 6000+ per game, but not when there's maybe 1500 people in the building for a game.

If you don't sit there, why not let somebody else cheer the team instead. This is not an exclusive luxury box we're talking about, it's a seat at a college basketball game. Omni I don't want to turn this into a personal pissing contest but they used to allow this and it strikes me as a bit territorial for people to collectively tell USF how they can manage empty seats.

I can see both sides of this argument and the school will always go with the money side, which they should. I just hate seeing the empty seats down there, too and what's worse is when a name does come to town, seeing opposing colors down there. That really frosts my butt .........!!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I donate $2k and I'm still not able to sit in the lower bowl. I asked about moving down as my donation increased this year but they said there was no availabilty. I wish there was a way that donors could get access to these unused tickets. Possibly take a list of donors who would like to trade for these seats (rank them according to donation level) and match them with donors who don't plan on attending the game.  It's not real fair for those of us who make a decent donation, attend 80% of the games, and can't get a decent seat because someone donates much less, has been a donor longer and never attends a game. If they don't come why do the care where the seat is located?