• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our ass kickings are actually good for the conference!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

While we sulk over our keyboards and call for the coaches' heads, I guarantee you that writers all over the country are talking about how the Big East is starting to look stronger.

Pitt was on the ESPN front page all day long talking about how they have become a contender.  Usually, they would have a montage of the night game previews.  So, yes it's unfortunate that the conference is gaining credibility at our expense, but it could be worse.

Look at Cincinnati.  Being at #8, people were calling for an upset and the Big East goes back on the backburner because they already know USF will have their "traditional second-half faceplant" (Rece Davis).  Instead, they go into Ray Jay and win convincingly without their Heisman QB.  Now they're in the top 5 and in prime contention for a BCS Title berth.

Now Pitt.  Being ranked, a lot of people were expecting Pitt to let everybody down, again.  Instead, they ran a train on us and impressed EVERYBODY!!  They might climb into the top 15 and stake their claim in the BCS race.

We now have 3 teams ranked, two of them helping the BE get some serious respect.  If a BE team went into the BCS Title game, that would shut a lot of people up.

Everybody has the right to be pissed off, but from a conference perspective, it might be best.

Now there will be some more credibility for the BE for next season.  THAT'S when we start winning!!!!!!  Better for us!!!!! ;D

• Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  0

+1  It would be nice though if we were the ones doing to ***kicking. 

• Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

If we can't compete when the BE "stinks", how are we going to do it when the BE's stock rises (and the extra incoming money buys everybody better facilities and the press coverage lands better recruits for those "powerhouse" BE schools)???

If anything, we'll lose more recruits to the other BE teams that we are now making look so good. Not sure that was the plan.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

big east isa joke ofa conference

2 of the worst teams in football are in conference

and usf sucks

no big east team is going to nc game__

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

wrong.

i believe Cincinnati dropped a couple spots in the computer polls due to the fact that we lost to Pitt.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

wrong.

i believe Cincinnati dropped a couple spots in the computer polls due to the fact that we lost to Pitt.

cinci fell to #8

• Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

How does South Cal move up?? They barely beat Oregon St at home. They lost to Wash. THE BCS is a joke. How is Iowa up? Barely beating Northern Iown and UL La

while i hate our midseason slumps, i have to admit i will be very happy if cincy would carry the league banner this year with pitt and wvu staying in the rankings

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

How does South Cal move up?? They barely beat Oregon St at home. They lost to Wash. THE BCS is a joke. How is Iowa up? Barely beating Northern Iown and UL La

a lot has to do with preseason rankings...

a lot of people say they don't matter but they really do. Teams can lose games and have a much easier time staying in the top 25.

If we were a preseason top 10 and Cinci and Pitt had the season they are having now(and we kept the Pitt game close) we'd probly still be ranked. Just look at Oklahoma.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

wrong.

cinci fell to #8

which is a crime.

the Big East gets less respect than the WAC and MWC.  how are TCU and Boise ranked above Cinci?  really?

Archived