• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe and BJ - A comparison after 4 starts

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

BJ -

Team   Comp Att  Comp% Yds TD INT Long  Att NetYds YPC TD Long

Pitt         4       8     50      54   0   2     41    15   50     3.3    0   12

This is just amazing to me. I know he only played 3 quarters, but come on!!!! 8 passing attempts?!?!?! Pitts weakness on d is their secondary. They have one of the best D lines in the nation, yet we continued to run the qb zone read over and over again. BJ has a freakin cannon of an arm. Let him air it out for crying out loud. Especially late in the second quarter and all of the third quarter.

The offensive play calling yesterday reminded me a lot of GG. We ran the same play over and over again expecting a different result. This is the very reason we were calling for a new OC in the offseason Unacceptable.

I agree.  If this continues Chico has to go.   We already established that running a offense like this does not work and we look scarily similar to last season when it comes to our playcalling.  We need to go outside of the program and find someone that knows how to run a spread offense effectively.   

It's effin amazing that we only threw the ball 8 freakin' times! How can you expect BJ to get better if you don't let him throw it!? What did we have to lose we were already losing by 27 points at halftime!!!!!!! Dumb coaches!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

4 for 8 with 2 INTS

Triple that

12 for 24 with 6 INTS

Yuck.

As someone mentioned, I think we're realizing the vulnerability of breaking in a freshman QB duirng a season.  B.J. needs to play catch-up fast! 

• Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

These two QBs are very similar.  BJ is making some of the same mistakes as Grothe but let's see how much he will respond.  I am not sure how much help he is getting a lot of help out there.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

4 for 8 with 2 INTS

Triple that

12 for 24 with 6 INTS

Yuck.

As someone mentioned, I think we're realizing the vulnerability of breaking in a freshman QB duirng a season.  B.J. needs to play catch-up fast! 

bj had a distinct advantage watching grothe for a year

bj should be much further along than he is but our coaches dont develop talented players

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

So if Grothe wasn't developed, how would BJ have gained by watching him for a year?

Shouldn't he have been watching the QB from USC instead?

Answer goofiness with goofiness..I apologize to the non-crusaders on the board.

• Content Count:  108
  • Days Won:  0

anyone else just glad not to have Pat Julmiste back there anymore????

Archived