• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We are 1-1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Their offense is very good.  Their defense is suspect at best -- far worse than Cincy's, and maybe as bad as Florida States.

you said they have a decent defense in your prior post and I agree.

It's not far worse than cincy's.

they are #40 in total defense compared to cincy at #36. FSU ranks #107.

They are #27 in scoring defense and cincy is #13. FSU is #90.

They are much closer to Cincy than they are to FSU.

Now their pass defense has been terrible but whether or not we can take advantage of that is to be determined.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I have to say the original post is a little counter-intuitive.

We were 5-0, but that was bad because the teams were bad.

Now we're 1-1 and that is bad because we lost a conference game at home, early in our conference schedule.

So, if I am reading it right, lets say we had played UL, UConn, and RU earlier in the conference schedule, then lost to Cincy on the road, does that loss have less effect on our season? In the end, it's still a loss. If we finish 11-1 with an October loss to Cincy vs. 11-1 with a December loss at UConn, is there really any difference (ignoring the obvious tie-breaker issue, the point I am making is about timing and location, so assume our last game was at Cincy).

Cincy is the best team in the Big East (OK, a little bias, but I think we are better, we played very poorly, would have been a great game with some execution).

So, it's not the players, the coaches, or the fans...THE BIG EAST IS TO BLAME!!! If they had not scheduled us with Cincy so early, we may have won over UL and we would be 2-0!!! We could delay a loss, and we would all feel better about ourselves.

On the other hand, if we continue to improve and go on to win the rest of our games, the early loss will help us in the rankings at the end of the year. Cincy will lose 1 game, no doubt about that in my mind, eventually, the pressure will get to them. The real question is whether they will lose 2 and we can still get the championship. Nothing to do now but re-focus and go out and win our games.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I have to say the original post is a little counter-intuitive.

We were 5-0, but that was bad because the teams were bad.

Now we're 1-1 and that is bad because we lost a conference game at home, early in our conference schedule.

So, if I am reading it right, lets say we had played UL, UConn, and RU earlier in the conference schedule, then lost to Cincy on the road, does that loss have less effect on our season? In the end, it's still a loss. If we finish 11-1 with an October loss to Cincy vs. 11-1 with a December loss at UConn, is there really any difference (ignoring the obvious tie-breaker issue, the point I am making is about timing and location, so assume our last game was at Cincy).

Cincy is the best team in the Big East (OK, a little bias, but I think we are better, we played very poorly, would have been a great game with some execution).

So, it's not the players, the coaches, or the fans...THE BIG EAST IS TO BLAME!!! If they had not scheduled us with Cincy so early, we may have won over UL and we would be 2-0!!! We could delay a loss, and we would all feel better about ourselves.

On the other hand, if we continue to improve and go on to win the rest of our games, the early loss will help us in the rankings at the end of the year. Cincy will lose 1 game, no doubt about that in my mind, eventually, the pressure will get to them. The real question is whether they will lose 2 and we can still get the championship. Nothing to do now but re-focus and go out and win our games.

The conference tries to schedule the marquee match ups at the end of the year. That's why Cincy, Pitt and WVU play each other for the last 2 conference games.

We finished 2-5 last year so we have to play Cincy, WVU, and Pitt in 3 of our first 4 conference games. It's also why we play UofL and UConn our last 2 conference games.

Archived