• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Silver Lining

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

C) For the most part our potential draft picks showcased themselves well. Selvie (2 sacks), JPP (hurries, forced INT), and Nate the Great (INT) all impressed. Murphy likely hurt his stock (interference, etc), but his stock was always about his physical talent, not his brains. Someone in the NFL will be able to coach him up.

I cannot say I've been impressed with our "let me get my stats" MLB Kion Wilson though this year. The whole LB corps is a weakness so it may not specifically been him but as the anchor to the unit he's not doing well. I was thinking he could get drafted; not so much right now.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  292
  • Days Won:  0

I hate to poop on the silver lining but...  There are no positives in going out on national TV and letting a backup QB ice the game with a super run.

Ending rankings do not matter unless you are number one...  Unless you are thinking we would go to some at-large BCS game?  Otherwise, who cares.  We need to be a contender in the conference because it gets no respect as it is...   It doesn't help to come in 4th in the Big East.

Beating Miami is pretty much all that is left unless Cincy somehow has a meltdown and we can win the Big East.

yes they do..... maybe night for osu and usc of cfb but for usf it is b/c they never have finished ranked

• Content Count:  186

Newsflash, Cincy isn't that good.  No way they even sniff the NC game.

Says who?!? You really are a moron, typical Boston fan. I can't even believe you watch college football. So who is good? Boston College? Harvard?

It doesn't matter how good UC is, if the rest of their schedule stinks (which it does), they will be undefeated. Unlike most, PAC-10, ACC, Big-10, Big 12 and SEC schools. Unless Texas goes undefeated you could very well see a Florida/UC championship game in which UF would beat the crap out of them and Fox would be very, very disappointed.

You are an idiot, you don't know anything about me so don't pretend that you do.

My point was that Cincy is not that good because they aren't even the best team in the Big East.  They are not better than USF, we have more talent than they do, we just have no discipline and no clue how to use it.  Tony Pike?  Give me a break, if that kid is the top QB prospect then I feel bad for the NFL next year.  BJ Daniels with the right coaching could be a superstar (in college) that would make Tony Pike look like a high schooler.

I think USF would give UF, USC, Texas, Bama, whoever a much better game than Cincy.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

You are an idiot, you don't know anything about me so don't pretend that you do.

My point was that Cincy is not that good because they aren't even the best team in the Big East.  They are not better than USF, we have more talent than they do, we just have no discipline and no clue how to use it.  Tony Pike?  Give me a break, if that kid is the top QB prospect then I feel bad for the NFL next year.  BJ Daniels with the right coaching could be a superstar (in college) that would make Tony Pike look like a high schooler.

I think USF would give UF, USC, Texas, Bama, whoever a much better game than Cincy.

They aren't better?  Guess you didn't watch the game tonight.  Here's a hint:  playing mistake-free football and adjustments on the fly is part of what makes you "good" and "better".  The reason we are not "better" than UC is because at the end of the day we are the ones having to make excuses for big mistakes.

• Content Count:  186

They aren't better?  Guess you didn't watch the game tonight.  Here's a hint:  playing mistake-free football and adjustments on the fly is part of what makes you "good" and "better".  The reason we are not "better" than UC is because at the end of the day we are the ones having to make excuses for big mistakes.

Playing mistake free and making adjustments, that is all coaching.  Yeah Cincy has a much better coach than we do, you got me there.  As far as talent on the field, I think USF has much more.  Just goes to show you how big a factor coaching is.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Playing mistake free and making adjustments, that is all coaching.  Yeah Cincy has a much better coach than we do, you got me there.  As far as talent on the field, I think USF has much more.  Just goes to show you how big a factor coaching is.

I saw plenty of errors out there that Vince Lombardi himself couldn't have fixed.  Also saw some pretty significant talent wearing Bearcat jerseys.

Whatever the cause of us getting stomped tonight, claiming that USF is "better" than Cincinatti in any objective sense is ridiculous.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I saw plenty of errors out there that Vince Lombardi himself couldn't have fixed.  Also saw some pretty significant talent wearing Bearcat jerseys.

Whatever the cause of us getting stomped tonight, claiming that USF is "better" than Cincinatti in any objective sense is ridiculous.

Yeah Cinci is a good team and they were very opportunistic all night and they are a talented team as well.  Gilyard is a stud, That Binns kid made a couple great catches, their front 7 got consistent pressure all night, and their interior  O-line was dominant. 

• Content Count:  971

Face it folks . . . we just don't match up very well with Cincy.  Four straight losses to them is no fluke.  However, other teams in our conference do match up better with their strengths (Pitt on a good day and UConn).  I don't think either USF or Cincy will win out.  We still have hope, but need to quickly get focused on the Panthers.

• Content Count:  246

I hate to poop on the silver lining but...  There are no positives in going out on national TV and letting a backup QB ice the game with a super run.

Ending rankings do not matter unless you are number one...  Unless you are thinking we would go to some at-large BCS game?  Otherwise, who cares.  We need to be a contender in the conference because it gets no respect as it is...   It doesn't help to come in 4th in the Big East.

Beating Miami is pretty much all that is left unless Cincy somehow has a meltdown and we can win the Big East.

The biggest games of the season are the next two.  I won't really have a huge problem with the loss to UC if the coaches can get the team back on track.  A 10 win regular season is still a possibility, which is better than anything USF has done before.  2-5 in the BE is also a possibility, getting rid of the mid-season slump attitude concerns me the most.

• Content Count:  11

Here it is ladies and gentleman, the Cicny head coach out-schemed us, plain and simple and we, our coaches could not adjust the D to prevent anything the second half. It wasnt a fluke that Cincy couldnt move the ball unti the second half, its called adjusting to your opponent someting Leavitt is found out on every year mid-season.

Archived