• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Silver Lining

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  164
  • Days Won:  0

If you're trying to be a devil's advocate or you are trying to be optimistic, there are two good things to come of this game.

A) The loss is relatively early on so even though we'll drop from the top 25 this week, if we win out (yeah, yeah, stop laughing), we should end the season at least in the teens. Especially if we can take out a ranked Miami to finish the season.

B) From a big picture perspective, this helps the Big East as a conference since it should push Cincy up a couple of spots in the top 10. Heck, I'll be nearly as peeved if they lose any more games than if USF does since I want to see the BE in the national championship game and that's probably the only way we get there.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66

As to B, I see Cinci jumping Boise State this weekend, but I don't know about NC hopes. If Pike is hurt for the rest of the season, there will be some serious doubt lingering for a few games. If Cinci can pull out those wins, then I'd expect them in the NC.

• Content Count:  186

Newsflash, Cincy isn't that good.  No way they even sniff the NC game.

• Content Count:  182

I like the optimism on A, but I really doubt we can win out, I think we lose 3-4 more, and I dont even want to think about the Miami

game

As for B, I see Bama or Florida going unbeaten, and I honestly think a one loss Va Tech or USC stays ranked above Cincy...It would help the big east, but it would make for a horrible NC game, the teams ranked above Cincy are just much better teams..

• Content Count:  164

Since I'm not sure you understood the intention of my first post, here you go... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil%27s_advocate.  ;D

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Says who?!? You really are a moron, typical Boston fan. I can't even believe you watch college football. So who is good? Boston College? Harvard?

It doesn't matter how good UC is, if the rest of their schedule stinks (which it does), they will be undefeated. Unlike most, PAC-10, ACC, Big-10, Big 12 and SEC schools. Unless Texas goes undefeated you could very well see a Florida/UC championship game in which UF would beat the crap out of them and Fox would be very, very disappointed.

• Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

I hate to poop on the silver lining but...  There are no positives in going out on national TV and letting a backup QB ice the game with a super run.

Ending rankings do not matter unless you are number one...  Unless you are thinking we would go to some at-large BCS game?  Otherwise, who cares.  We need to be a contender in the conference because it gets no respect as it is...  It doesn't help to come in 4th in the Big East.

Beating Miami is pretty much all that is left unless Cincy somehow has a meltdown and we can win the Big East.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

No ****, Cinci is on par with us, they just know how to catch a football! They are a top 25 team, but Top 15 is a friggin joke. We beat ourselves Cinci just put the icing on cake.

• Content Count:  1,981

No ****, Cinci is on par with us, they just know how to catch a football! They are a top 25 team, but Top 15 is a friggin joke. We beat ourselves Cinci just put the icing on cake.

Cinci beat us, drop passes, interceptions, and penalties are part of the game. They played a lot better than we did. Credit to them. We got beat.

• Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

Catching a football is totally awesome and I hope to see it again.

Archived