• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jerome Murphy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

And back to the topic, Jerome Murphy did have a horrible game, but he makes plays most of the time. Just not last night. He might even make it at the next level if he can only disguise his PI and holding a little better. His judgement is definitely questionable though.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Moxie doesn't count for $%^&. Give me the guy with the cannon arm and athleticisism all day. What has moxie ever done for anyone beside Rudy? I do agree that once this kid gets more experience he will be great.

Plenty of guys with cannon arms and athleticism suck as football players.  Robert Marve, anyone?

A QB sets the tone for the entire offense.  If he's rattled or lacking confidence, so is the entire offense.  Grothe won a lot of games the last three years because the offense always felt there was a chance to win the game in the 4th Qtr.  Didn't see that last night, hope it develops.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Moxie doesn't count for $%^&. Give me the guy with the cannon arm and athleticisism all day. What has moxie ever done for anyone beside Rudy? I do agree that once this kid gets more experience he will be great.

Plenty of guys with cannon arms and athleticism suck as football players.  Robert Marve, anyone?

A QB sets the tone for the entire offense.  If he's rattled or lacking confidence, so is the entire offense.  Grothe won a lot of games the last three years because the offense always felt there was a chance to win the game in the 4th Qtr.  Didn't see that last night, hope it develops.

I would argue that the lack of "projected confidence" is more of a product of inexperience that anything else. Also, the team pretty much got beat in every aspect of the game, so I wouldn't put being demoraliized or unconfident or rattled on BJ projecting negativity.

Perhaps you may never agree with my sports atheist view point. But we can agree that with experience, BJ will definitely be a good if not great player down the road.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

He was covering one of the Top 3 receivers in all of College football most of the night...

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

so what? who cares. He is a wr. He got burned by godouli or whatever his name is. He is playing like crap. He was suppose to be an impact player on defense and he isnt. He is a penalty waiting to happen. If i was a d coordinator i would throw to his side more often. He is bound to get P.I called or hold.

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Not to pile on Murphy, but he also had a block in the back on a punt return.  It was so blatant I can't believe he did it.  There is some disconnect with this kid.

Archived