• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Give Mike Ford the ball and we will win

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

There's no doubt that Ford should be getting the majority of carries, esp after last week's game.

I'd love to see this offense pound the rock more and keep Pike and Gilliard off the field.

• Content Count:  724

tough topic here...

knowing the original poster...i know he is just trying to plant a "i told you" seed if USF does happen to lose.  but i do think that mike ford needs to get the ball more.

and yes, if we did give mike ford the ball 40 times this charcter would still come back and come up with another reason why Leavitt needs to get fired.

Ok I'll make a guarantee.  If Mike Ford gets the ball 20 or more times tonight and we lose, I won't make a single comment about Leavitt or any other coach needing to be fired.  I think they are good coaches but I still don't see why Ford isn't our feature back.  That's one decision they are making that doesnt make sense.

• Content Count:  488

I understand why many would like to see Mike carry the ball more...but there will never be a consistent 20+ carries RB here at South Florida, unless we change the offense.

Mike should have gone to a Big Ten school where his talents would be best utilized.

This post has come up at least three times a year since Ford has been here.

• Content Count:  56

We can run Ford 30+ times and control the clock and time of possession and this Cincy team won't care.  What they have show this season is that their scoring drives don't take long.

This game is on the D and their ability to fly and hit.  Play and hit at the level we saw against FSU. That is what will win the game, not how many yards Ford gets.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,067
  • Days Won:  469

I understand why many would like to see Mike carry the ball more...but there will never be a consistent 20+ carries RB here at South Florida, unless we change the offense.

This.

• Content Count:  10,219

We can run Ford 30+ times and control the clock and time of possession and this Cincy team won't care.  What they have show this season is that their scoring drives don't take long.

This game is on the D and their ability to fly and hit.  Play and hit at the level we saw against FSU. That is what will win the game, not how many yards Ford gets.

BUT... if Ford gets 20+ carries then you limit their opportunities and keep our flying derfense FRESH.

• Content Count:  1,528

Again, Mike Ford not used enough last night. When is someone on the coaching staff going to wake up and give this kid the rock?

7 carries for Mike Ford is a joke.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

Again, Mike Ford not used enough last night. When is someone on the coaching staff going to wake up and give this kid the rock?

7 carries for Mike Ford is a joke.

agreed.

Archived