• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Moral victories are an excuse that your team sucks.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  1

Miami comes to UCF this weekend and it made them list their top 5 home games in their pathetic history.......3 of them they "Almost Won"

I wrote an article for today's Sentinel discussing just how big this weekend's game against No. 9 Miami is for the Knights.

I wrote that it has the potential to be, hands down, the biggest win in UCF history. I also happen to think, win or lose, it's the biggest home game in school history. What do you think?

Here's my list of the five biggest games played on UCF's home field:

-- Sept. 15, 2007: UCF opened Bright House Networks Stadium with a splash, nearly toppling No. 6 Texas. The Knights couldn’t pull off the biggest upset in school history, falling 35-32 before a crowd of 45,622.

-- Sept. 6, 2008: UCF overcame a slew of mistakes against rival No. 17 USF to force overtime, but the quarterback Michael Greco came up just short on fourth down and the Knights upset bid slipped away. The Bulls claimed a 31-24 overtime win against the Knights before a school-record crowd of 46,805 at Bright House Networks Stadium.

-- Dec. 1, 2007: UCF rolled past Tulsa 44-25 before a crowd of 44,128 at Bright House Networks Stadium to win the Conference USA championship. It was the first conference championship in school history.

-- Sept. 17, 2006: Despite playing without star running back Kevin Smith, UCF nearly upset rival USF. The Knights’ defense could not hold off a late Bulls charge, and UCF fell 24-17 before an announced crowd of 46,708 at the Citrus Bowl.

-- Sept. 17, 1988: UCF knocked off defending Division II national champion Troy 20-6 at the Citrus Bowl before a crowd of 31,789. It was one of five consecutive wins that pushed the Knights to No. 2 in the Division II national rankings.

Did I forget any key games? With that list in mind, do you agree that this is the biggest home game in school history? Please share your thoughts in the comments section of the blog.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_ucf/2009/10/would-beating-miami-be-the-biggest-win-in-ucf-history.html

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i am amazed they still can fund a  football program

• Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

I like how he called us a rival. That one tickles me. :D

• Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  3

"The C-USA championship means nothing. We need to beat a BCS RANKED team. Period. It's unacceptable that we have not done so already. Some might say pathetic."

atleast this guy gets it.  31 years and still havent beaten a bcs ranked team.  ucf blows...uh i mean theyre 'pathetic'.

• Content Count:  239

If they win, then it is. If they don't win, well, there goes that. I think getting texas to go there was a big deal.

• Content Count:  639

The stadium will be loud and there won't be as many Canes fans as expected b/c they didn't sell out their allotment, returned 400 tickets that UCF season ticket holders bought up. I hope their team comes in treating it as a 'breather' game. Should be a fun gameday weekend

• Content Count:  21,334
  • Days Won:  10

Curtesy of Rivals and Mike Huguenin

11. Miami (4-1)

BUZZ: The Hurricanes play at Central Florida and at South Florida this season. Why in the world was that allowed to happen? NEXT: Saturday, at UCF

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=1000561

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

How bad is it when 3 out of 5 of your "best wins" are losses?

wow...

Archived