• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How much of a political uproar would be caused

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

...if USF football marketing started direct mailing past and present Bucs season ticket holders with glossy brochures convincing them to drop thier Bucs tickets and buy USF tickets?

Better product.

Better atmoshpere for families

More convenient (6 Saturdays - with a Thursday or Friday time-to-time) instead of Sunday

Only 6 games (7 next year) instead of 10 (with 2 being pre-season)

$10 to park instead of $25

All around better value.

I wonder if it would work?  I always verbally pitch it to angry Bucs season ticket holders that I know.  I wonder if the Glazers would do something to "punish" us.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

The bucs would never give up their season tix list.  They control marketing to the list.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

BTW, with all the money the bucs make off of parking, concessions, and their cut of the USF tix prices, guess how much they donate annually to USF.

From what I can tell, exactly $0.00. 

I've reviewed the athletic assn's list of various donor levels in the past for both corporate sponsor, and donors under the Glazer name - hoping to see them listed.  I have yet to see them listed on anything.

I guess they truly are pirates.  You know, **** and pillage, take all you can get and leave nothing behind.

If we can't get their season ticket list, we could offer a special promotion (discount) for season ticket packages -- if you can prove you were a Bucs season ticket holder, you get X dollars off or something.

Or a promotion where if you bring a Bucs hat to the game you can trade it in for a free Bulls hat.  That would be funny.

FWIW: The Bucs don't get a "cut" of ticket prices.  The TSA does, a surcharge that goes to covering the debt service on the stadium... but not a penny of ticket sales goes to the Bucs.

The Bucs do get concessions and parking... but that is for all events, not just USF games... so if USF fans were really that upset, they could park off-site and not buy any concessions.  Then the Bucs would not make a dime.

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  0

That's like the Yankees sending fliers to Red Sox fans.

That's like the Yankees sending fliers to Red Sox fans.

Not at all.  We're not talking about two fan bases in the same league that hate each other.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf needs to win thursday and they will have all the fans they need

• Content Count:  7,517
  • Days Won:  10

I believe that the Bucs do not get a cut of parking revenue from parking passes, just game-day parking fees.  In other words, if you want to keep your money "in house" and use the RayJay lots, buy the parking passes.

Archived