• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

anyone watching the miami central vs northwestern HS game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

they look better than most college teams.

is the RB gainer from central the kid we are intrested in?

• Content Count:  574

There are 3 kids from Miam Central we are interested in.  Godfrey, the QB, Gainer, the RB, and Reece the WR.

Supposedly they all want to go to the same school.  Its pretty much between USF and UCF.  They like UCF because they know they can play right away.  It should be interesting.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

There are 3 kids from Miam Central we are interested in.  Godfrey, the QB, Gainer, the RB, and Reece the WR.

Supposedly they all want to go to the same school.  Its pretty much between USF and UCF.  They like UCF because they know they can play right away.  It should be interesting.

it's their choice but I have no clue why you would want to go a school like ucf that will never be relevant in the bcs or national championship picture. sure you may play right away but do they actually think they could turn around a crap team like ucf? again it's their choice but just saying.

• Content Count:  3,475

Godfrey is freaking tiny. What position is he looking to play in college?

it's their choice but I have no clue why you would want to go a school like ucf that will never be relevant in the bcs or national championship picture. sure you may play right away but do they actually think they could turn around a crap team like ucf? again it's their choice but just saying.

I totally understand that point.  But, UCF is recruiting them HARD.  Really hard.  And supposedly they are dead set on going somewhere where all 3 can play together.  Of all the schools recruting them, UCF and USF are the 2 that has room for all 3.  Individually they all have big time offers though.  If they remain steadfast in their demand for schools to take all 3 its going to be a head to head battle between USF and UCF.

Here are their bios.  Scroll down to the bottom to see their top teams and who has offered them.

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=3053544

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=4179833

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=3467811

Rivals lists Godfrey as the No. 4 dual-threat quarterback in the country, so I guess that's what he's going to play? He's going to have to be bigger than 5'11", 167 lbs., I'd say.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jeffrey-Godfrey-71671

Teddy Bridgewater, Northwestern's quarterback, has been impressive in this game. He's a junior, Rivals says he favors Georgia at this point.

Godfrey is freaking tiny. What position is he looking to play in college?

He is only considering schools that want him as a QB.

The problem for him is we have BJ Daniels who is a RS Freshman and already committed to USF is Brion Carnes who some sites rank as the best QB in FL this year.  He committed to USF, but Georgia is trying to steal him away. So far he is saying all the right things and staying committed to USF.

Here is his Scout Profile.

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=4091601

Rivals likes him A LOT.  They have him rated the 17th best QB in the nation and top in the state of FL this year.  Here is his Rivals profile.  http://rivals.yahoo.com/usf/football/recruiting/player-Brion-Carnes-81011

IMHO, I think all the depth and talent we have at QB may be the reason the Central trio is considering UCF.  Godfrey would be the best QB in their program the day he stepped on campus.  Between Daniels, Landi, and Carnes....he may never start here.

• Content Count:  486

CJL was on the sideline.......:)

Yeah I know about Carnes, I'm hoping he can push Daniels when he arrives on campus.

But Godfrey would have to bulk up big time to play the style he plays in a BCS conference. Even in Conference USA I'm not sure a 170-pound dual threat quarterback would really pose much of a threat. He looks good, don't get me wrong, but he just looks so small.

Archived