• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why can't we start

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

Also consider, The U has more seats to deal with at Landshark, their stadium has closed in endzones all around, we just have upper levels on the sidelines.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

To me, it is not that big of a deal as long as USF keeps winning. USF and  fans are very lucky to have one of the best stadiums in America to watch football. In time, USF will have the money if we keep winning. Then things will be differerent whether we get down that road of an OCS o not.

To me, it's a huge deal. One thing USF has never ever had is tradition. When I went (1990 through grad school ending in the early 2000s), it was commuter school central and you couldn't get students to stay on campus or, really, judging from basketball attendance, etc., give a cr@p about our school or its sports programs. In fact, most students I knew who went here enrolled because they couldn't get in elsewhere or because it's close to home. That's changing now, and has been for a few years, and much of that has to do with football and the exposure that brings.

I would love to see an OCS, but that won't happen for a while, if ever. (Which I don't like, I think we need one, even if it's a shadow of RJS). What we need to do to attract, nurture, and maintain support from students, prospective students and athletes, and the community is to start building some visible traditions. There's a metric cr@pton more billboards, etc. up these days, which is excellent for spreading the word. But . . .

Why there isn't a huge Bull sculpture sitting outside RJS burns me up. Why there isn't a USF logo at midfield every home game burns me up. We're in a BCS conference. We were ranked #2 in the country in 2007, top 10 in 2008. Time to stop acting bush league and pony up the money to make ourselves appear as big as we want to be. If we don't have traditions, we need to fake it. If we don't have presence in the community, we need to fake it. Look at politics, these guys make something out of nothing every day. It's all about appearances. They spin and outright lie, but people eat it up. We are THE university in the Tampa Bay area. This place should be painted green and gold. There should be iconic Us painted all over I-75, I-4, and Fletcher/Fowler, like Clemson has up in SC. If it's going to cost $$$ to force the city/Glasers/whoever to let us stick our logo at midfield, well, you know what, that's money that needs to be spent. Yeah, playing in RJS is great, but when you're seeing a whited-out Bucs flag at midfield half of a game's air time, well, that's just stank.

A sports/movie/entertainment agent, for instance, wouldn't get client one if he/she rolled around town in a Toyota Corolla. Put him/her in a Hummer, Ferrari, Porsche, whatever, and it tells his/her clients that he's big time, he's someone to watch, someone that can take THEM there and give them a Porsche, etc. We need to start visibly making a presence, marketing-wise. And it all needs to start at RJS. That's the Bulls home. That's what people (future fans, future athletes, etc.) on TV see as our home. And our name needs to be all over it. And, yeah, that's worth the money, in my opinion. Instead of a dining hall, etc. etc. etc.

Archived