• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can we at least make the Big East Tourney?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

don't say never beastie. If your new coach, can't remember his name, can get a class like Seth did with BB, Altron, and I can't remember the other guy in that class then he will actually do something with it. I was so disappointed that Seth could never get those guys in the NCAA.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

don't say never beastie. If your new coach, can't remember his name, can get a class like Seth did with BB, Altron, and I can't remember the other guy in that class then he will actually do something with it. I was so disappointed that Seth could never get those guys in the NCAA.

The "other" guy in that class was Keyon Dooling (Miami Heat), who went to Missouri instead.

USF has been able to attract serious talent - BB, Tron, Kelvin Brown, Yusef Baker, but they all came with baggage of one kind or another. Let's see if coach MAC can work his Western Michigan magic in the BIG EAST.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Actually Tron wasn't rated that high, he became a good player while at usf but to me was never a player that had the talent to "lift" his team to another level.  He couldn't dribble worth a spit and rarely ever created his own shots.  He had an OK spot up jumper by his junior year, was great at running the floor and a pretty good defender.  I don't think he would have ever cracked the starting lineup at any upper tier basketball schools.  You might even say that the dreaded Seth turned him into a better player than he actually was.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

because Seth was the man! The great coach! Took mediocre talent and gave us winning seasons! Way to make Tron an icon on campus Seth! We believed in you... and the winning seasons show you can coach with the best of them with limited resources! Good luck at VaTech... get it done!

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

Tron was rated between 100 and 125 on some national services.  He was a known player.  Not household name but he was nationally ranked.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

I, for one, am glad that Greenberg is gone.  He was mediocre at best, and his work at VT will show it.

Number of NCAA appearances for USF during his tenure: ZERO.  Heck, Bobby Pascal got us there twice.

Bobby Pascal's efforts took us from the Sun Belt to the Metro Conference... and the Metro's merger with the Great American into C-USA had nothing to do with Seth.

His USF teams lacked fundamentals -- couldn't even shoot free throws -- and basically played glorified streetball.  (Which is the problem with the NBA, but that's another story).

Give me a coach like CRM who actually believes in discipline any day.  I believe he will take us farther than Suck Badberg ever could.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

I, for one, am glad that Greenberg is gone.  He was mediocre at best, and his work at VT will show it.

Number of NCAA appearances for USF during his tenure: ZERO.  Heck, Bobby Pascal got us there twice.

Bobby Pascal's efforts took us from the Sun Belt to the Metro Conference... and the Metro's merger with the Great American into C-USA had nothing to do with Seth.

His USF teams lacked fundamentals -- couldn't even shoot free throws -- and basically played glorified streetball.  (Which is the problem with the NBA, but that's another story).

Give me a coach like CRM who actually believes in discipline any day.  I believe he will take us farther than Suck Badberg ever could.

Please limit your Seth Greenberg criticism to the official "bash Seth" thread. It's been a few months since anybody has actually bashed Seth (most people have been busy bashing Bush or Kerry) so it might take you a while to find the thread...this will hopefully keep you so occupied that by the time you actually locate the proper place to post these missives, you will have forgotten why you went there in the first place.