• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PA announcer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know if anyone else is getting sick and tired over the moronic sayings of our announcer, but the bell tolling, and DEEEFENSE and some of the other stuff sounds like HS. It gets a little tiring. I like the first down....BULLS! stuff but... oh well   Anyone else feel this way or am I still feeling no pain from last night?  :P   Reaper

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I don't know if anyone else is getting sick and tired over the moronic sayings of our announcer, but the bell tolling, and DEEEFENSE and some of the other stuff sounds like HS.

The sad part is he actually has to do that. People do respond to it ................

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Every college game has a similar thing.  He does have to do that, as crowd-prompting is a part of the game.  8)

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

The ACDC Hells Bells needs to go. I love the song, but I cant stand it for a college football game. It belongs in the NFL and USF is supposed to be a college team, so I would rather have the band playing like they did last season. I really do think that hells bells is a jinx to our defense because it seems like the other team gets the first down every time they play that hells bells. I say USF needs to come up with a shout right when the ball is kicked off. Something like, "Lets get'em, BULLS!!" Something that will maybe get into the players mind if it is yelled loud enough. That is what tradition needs to be, not some hells bells that just about every NFL team uses on 3rd down.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

There is no bad time for an AC-DC song in football .........

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

I actually think the PA announcer is pretty good...and the music, well maybe if the band played occationally and knew more then the same 2 or 3 tunes it wouldn't be necessary. What I do think sucks is whoever is controlling the **** scoreboard. The down and distance is incorrect probably 25% of the time. Last nights they couldn't even get the timeouts correct with the ref TELLING them how many were left...ok after the second ecu timeout maybe they missed that they showed 2 left but after the third one and again the refs saying how many ecu called to still show it wrong. It's so inaccurate that you just never know what is actually happening on the field anymore.

We're going for that "Arena Ball Empty the Trailer Park"  atmosphere. When attendance is what it was last night, you have to rely on the whims of the production staff to get some sort of noise.

Oh...and here's another thing...since we've touched on "music":

If you want the attendees to stand and sing the alma mater, why not have an actual PERSON (ala national anthem) sing it with the crowd? I've listened to the band play the tune and read the words scrolling on the jumbo-tron, but having never actually heard a human voice sing it...I am just unable to really get behind this idea.  

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

See Brahman. I agree! It really gets annoying after a while. OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Also the inside the 20 "GREEN ZONE" is bad too. He has to "define" it everytime they do it. Why not just say the Bulls have entered the Green zone and leave it at that. Or have one side the green zone and the other the Gold zone. And stop trying to sound like a WWE ring announcer. JMHO   Reaper

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

1) Wooly - USF used to have someone sing our alma mater at basketball games in the early 1990's.  I learned it then.  Let me say, having been to a few Michigan State football games, there is nothing like 75,000 people standing and singing the alma mater.

2) BullHeaded - Did you ever notice ... at schools like Michigan and Notre Dame and Florida State, when their offense makes a positive play, they play a few bars of the fight song?? It gets really annoying.  I'd rather have a random assortment of popular music/rock than the HOT.  HOT should play the fight song after we score.

3) Speaking of the fight song... now that we are a BCS program, shouldn't we take the time to learn the words?  I've never heard the fight song actually sung -- but there ARE words to the song. ("USF Bulls are we...").  Hell, I hate to say it but I still know all the words to the Michigan State fight song (my father's alma mater).

1) Wooly - USF used to have someone sing our alma mater at basketball games in the early 1990's.  I learned it then.  Let me say, having been to a few Michigan State football games, there is nothing like 75,000 people standing and singing the alma mater.

1990's? 1990's?? Where's my calendar?

When you're at the game, do you hear 12 people singing? I don't.  And maybe 75K people singing is impressive, unfortunately it would take us three home games to get 75K. 26K reading a jumbo-tron is very un-impressive.

;D