• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe Mentioned on The Scott Van Pelt Show on ESPN Radio

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

Driving to pick up my son I caught the last few minutes of the SVP Show on ESPN Radio.

He took the last three minutes of his show to talk about Grothe, all he had done for USF's program and how even though the lion's share of the media attention go to QB's like Ponder & Tebow, Grothe was still a talent and undoubtedly got USF to where it is.

Something along the lines of, "Even though he won't likely start for a NFL team in the near future, there is nothing wrong with being a great college quarterback".

I was surprised to hear him speak at length about Matt. It was nice to hear someone on ESPN singing his praises.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Agreed. Kind of surprising considering we are not in the top 25, and that is all ESPN usually covers. SVP is a class act, always has been in my mind. Glad to see Matt getting some national recognition for all the great things he has done here at this university.

• Content Count:  56
  • Days Won:  0

** Admins if this is a re-post please delete, I didn't see it anywhere **

Yesterday in Scot Van Pelt's Podcast, he ended his podcast with One Big Thing and it was about Matt.

http://podloc.andohs.net/dloadTrack.mp3?prm=4192xhttp://a.espnradio.com/podcenter/svp/svp090922.mp3

The one big thing is at minute 28:30.

Nice words from a national guy.

• Content Count:  1

Mr. Van Pelt wasn't just speaking for Grothe, but for all collegiate athletes gone unnoticed by the mass media machine.  As I write this post,  Mark Schlabach is discussing last weeks key injuries in college football, via ESPN's First Take.  Just disappointing, Grothe's importance put aside for the likes of, Clausen's turf toe, Barkley's bruised shoulder, Penn State's multiple injuries, etc... you know how the story goes.  So... thank you Mr. Van Pelt for the kind words, liked you before, but even more now. 

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Scott Van Pelt has always been one of my favorite media guys, even moreso on the radio. This just solidifies that in my eyes

• Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

I don't commute anymore, but when I did I listened to Steve Czaban on Fox Sports. I wonder if he said anything about Grothe.

• Content Count:  971

ESPN radio probably has replayed it a bunch this week . . . I heard it on Mike & Mike this am. GB!

Archived