• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I've been on Hobbie for a while

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

Was he calling the plays today?  I'm curious.  I'm seeing what a lot of us were calling for, more plays under center and a pretty good ground attack.  If he's still in charge of our O, I like the adjustments.  To the board members and guests: your thoughts?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

It's amazing how much better the coaching seems when you have a dominating running game.

Hobbie is still calling those useless, go nowhere reverses. It would be better for all involved if Julmiste just took a knee and gave the opposition a free 5 yards instead of running the thing and potentially getting one of our guys hurt. If anything else it may save us a yard or two...

Other than that, it was good dose of Hall setting up play action down the field. I also liked the quick slants to Chambers. We haven't run those since Rubin's junior year. It was also refreshing to see Derek Carter get a couple of passes thrown to him.

The I formation looks like it may be here to stay.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

this offense should have been in place day one of this season based on the players we have. so the question is why did it take so long?

we were running the 2002 offense in 2003 and the first half of this year.

why?

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

I also liked the throws to the tight end/h-back. They had Ruegger lining up in the backfield to lead-block on run plays. From there they'd occasionally shift him out to end or set him up for a screen pass. It was a nice wrinkle.

I really liked the offensive adjustments tonight. Though I have no idea why Andre Hall once again disappeared for an entire quarter.

Well, I'd rather have Hobbie than East Carolina's offensive coordinator. That guy sucks in Technicolor.

The playcalling looked random, and they actually get more false start/illegal substitution/delay of games fouls than us.

And what was with that "oops I'm confused but thank god our star running back is right behind the center" trick play? Even I saw that coming. Worst trick play since the "Wacky Bull"

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

I also liked the throws to the tight end/h-back. They had Ruegger lining up in the backfield to lead-block on run plays. From there they'd occasionally shift him out to end or set him up for a screen pass. It was a nice wrinkle.

I really liked the offensive adjustments tonight. Though I have no idea why Andre Hall once again disappeared for an entire quarter.

I'd say theres a decent chance he got BENCHED for a while because of two FUMBLES.

Oh, please. If we started benching everybody who made a mistake, we couldn't field a team. And this was before the second fumble anyway.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i say we need a new OC to match upgrade in talent

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

Speaking of fumbles...How many fumbles has Hall had this season...I can't remember seeing or hearing of any before last night...just curious...Hall is still the Man...but dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyummm Crossley is a BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL