• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BULLS for the CURE!

Gone BULLISTIC

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  71
  • Days Won:  0

Below you will find one of the press releases on these USF shirts that are being sold to benefit 2 great Tampa charities! Also in the store you will find a donation bucket for Shriner's Hospital.

-----------------------------------------------------

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Bulls Outfitter Joins Efforts To Raise Money For Moffitt Cancer Center, Children's Cancer Center and Shriners Hospital.

Tampa, Florida – August 31, 2009 – In this tough economy one thing has not changed. Moffitt Cancer Center and Shriners Hospitals still have children and adults needing treatment to help them through their daily battles.

Bulls Outfitter owner Craig Brunstein has seen the effect that cancer has on people first hand. Watching family members lose their fight against cancer and supporting those still fighting their battle, he has witnessed first hand the ups and downs of their struggles. After Brunstein donated items for a Shriner’s USF themed photo shoot, he felt compelled to help the little girl featured in the photo. Despite her legs being supported by braces and sitting in her wheelchair, she had the biggest smile as she gripped her USF football with pride.

"The picture made me very emotional" Brunstein said. "There are many people locally that are struggling and need all the love and support they can get. I believe Bulls Outfitter, in the spirit of giving, can help raise money to support Moffitt and Shriners. I feel that we can really make a difference.â€

In recent months Bulls Outfitter has worked hard to develop ideas and events that will help our local non -profits. Through special events and fundraisers the store will raise money for Moffitt, Shriners and the CCC. In support of Childhood Cancer Awareness in September the store will be featuring a shirt with a yellow ribbon to benefit the Children's Cancer Center. Also, in October they will also debut a USF shirt with all proceeds going to support breast cancer research at Moffitt.

Brunstein said that he feels that even in this economy people will find it within themselves to give back to these local charities. "Bulls Outfitter has taken a step in the right direction and we hope we can get Bulls and non Bull fans alike to help us in these efforts.â€

###

9326_695021279671_5001513_42140189_4400807_n.jpg

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  552

everyone on this board knows what a HUGE supporter I am for the Children's Cancer Center. I have worked with the children and families there very closely the last 3 years helping raise 25,000 for their medical trust funds.

[glow=red,2,300]SEPTEMBER IS NATIONAL CHILDHOOD CANCER AWARENESS MONTH![/glow]

Please go through your car, couch, piggy bank and buy one of these $10 shirts. I will be @ Innisbrook this Saturday at 6am for the 5k to benefit the Children's Cancer Center and will be wearing my green and gold Bulls for the Cure shirt!

FACTS

-Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer of children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.

-On the average, 1 in every 4 elementary school has a child with cancer. The average high school has two students who are a current or former cancer patient. In the U.S., about 46 children and adolescents are diagnosed with cancer every weekday.

-Cancer in childhood occurs regularly, randomly, and spares no ethnic group, socioeconomic class, or geographic region.

2094668100_8b1b2231af.jpg

Madison @ age 3. Stage IV Hepatoblastoma SURVIVOR (underwent liver transplant) became a BULLS fan because of us.

377689804_5b223aa868.jpg

Sebastian @ age 6 1/2 A.L.L. SURVIVOR Refused to leave the hospital unless he got to take a picture with USF. Became an instant BULLS fan.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Good job Craig...  You know we'll have to get a couple of shirts, (I look good in pink). 

• Content Count:  1,142

This is awesome!  I am always looking for new things to wear that support Breast Cancer because of Mutt's mom and now I can have a BULLS shirt supporting the cause!!

• 2 weeks later...

September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month!!!

Bone Marrow & Blood Drive

Wednesday, September 30

Sponsored by Florida Blood Services, a donation bus will be at the Children's Cancer Center between 11:00 am and 6:00 pm, so please try to stop by on your lunch break or way home from work. You can save 3 lives!!

Normally you have to PAY out of pocket to be tested to be a BM donor. If you want to give a child the gift of life please stop by. I know several children personally that have received BM from donors and that is the ONLY reason they are alive today. I can’t wait until I am a match and will be able to save someone’s life one day!

If you go tell them USF Colleen sent you! I will be out there for a little bit wearing my BULLS FOR THE CURE shirt, so come up and say hello!

http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

bulls4thecure.jpg

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

I'm glad this was posted, got mine last week; it's the first and only pink USF shirt I own. I showed mom and I have to go get her one now, thinking of picking up the men's green shirt as a sleep shirt also (can't own too many USF shirts, especially the kind that support a great cause)

great job guys! :)

Remember the Bone Marrow and Blood Drive @ the Children's Cancer Center tomorrow!

4901 West Cypress Street

Tampa, FL 33607

childrens-cancer-center-inc-CHCCFinal_logo2nobackground_thumb.jpg

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Craig do you have big boy sizes (XXL or XXXL)?  This is a great cause and would love to help out.

I thought I saw them on the front table/stage thing on Monday going up to XXL atleast. But that doesnt help with a for sure answer.

childhood-cancer-september.gif

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  2,558

wife and I got ours!

Archived