• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

something like this at USF

jmbull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

yes. i meant leave it to osu and the rest of the big ten, MN included. not saying MN shouldn't do it, just that i hope we never do.

Got it, misunderstood you

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

The largest student section in the Big East would still be the largest student section in the Big East, that of 12K, if that, in an OCS. You want to spend money? Spend it on the recruiting buget. Sorry, but building anything on campus to accommodate less than a third of the fans, given the quality of the facility we have access to, is simply a major waste of money for vanity.

• Content Count:  684

not to fuel the OCS debate, but just saying:

stadium > the environment

build next to the golf course.

Environmental issues with the wildlife reservation nextdoor wont allow it to happen. Rightnow I'm happy with the CITS. we by far have the best stadium in the big east.

Yea its USF's Eco Area....where some of the best biologists in the state get their training

http://biology.usf.edu/ib/ecoarea/location/

• Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

will we ever get to see something like this on our campus?

Minnesota received plenty of state funding for that stadium. That won't happen for USF, so it's going to take a long while before they ever think of having a stadium on campus.

dont be so sure

if fsu and uf would want something done they would give same $$$$ to usf

that is how sundome got built---all 3 got $$$$ at the same time if my memory serves me correctly

• Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

The largest student section in the Big East would still be the largest student section in the Big East, that of 12K, if that, in an OCS. You want to spend money? Spend it on the recruiting buget. Sorry, but building anything on campus to accommodate less than a third of the fans, given the quality of the facility we have access to, is simply a major waste of money for vanity.

usf is at least 10 years and 5 big east titles away from a stadium

• Content Count:  639

when we build a stadium we better make sure it is NOT like UCFs.

That thing just looks like a glorified high school stadium on TV and that chainlink fence makes it even worse.

for lights i think they have some of the disney cast members standing at the corners with flashlights.

I dvred the UCF vs Miami game and watched some of it when getting back and I thought the Stadium looked good on T.V. Last year I admit it did look not as good, not sure if any minor changes were made but it looked a lot better on T.V. during the Miami game last weekend.

Minnesota got a lot of public money, we got nothing and USF would probably have to deal w/ the same issue if they wanted to build a new stadium or basketball arena.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

usf shouldnt settle for anything but the best

Totally agree.  The only reason to leave Ray Jay is to have a better stadium to go to.  No reason to downgrade facilities.

If we ever do build a stadium, I hope they use a model like Oregon's Autzen Stadium.  It was engineered to amplify crowd noise.  It's 50K are way louder than Penn State/ Ohio State/ Florida's ~100K could ever be.

It's an ingenious advantage built out there.

Guest USF-TechGuy

when we build a stadium we better make sure it is NOT like UCFs.

That thing just looks like a glorified high school stadium on TV and that chainlink fence makes it even worse.

for lights i think they have some of the disney cast members standing at the corners with flashlights.

I dvred the UCF vs Miami game and watched some of it when getting back and I thought the Stadium looked good on T.V. Last year I admit it did look not as good, not sure if any minor changes were made but it looked a lot better on T.V. during the Miami game last weekend.

Minnesota got a lot of public money, we got nothing and USF would probably have to deal w/ the same issue if they wanted to build a new stadium or basketball arena.

Yeah... the UCF stadum looked good on TV.

Especially the "S" in "Brighthouse" that was not fixed for their supposed "big game"

It was funny to see    "BRIGHTHOU E  stadium"

• Content Count:  7,890

and that is why they play in Ray Jay DIPSHIT

• Content Count:  3,403

and that is why they play in Ray Jay DIPSHIT

yeah, who wants a stadium that has hosted multiple super bowls and is a great recruiting tool?

When we finally get an OCS, it needs to be a sound amplifying design similar to the Oregon one referenced above me. 

Archived