• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

To early to call out Coaching

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Yes I would say that there were some discipline problems but I have seen worse out of the Bulls in the past. Not a sticking point for me at this point, this will be correct IMHO.

My issue with coaching has always been our our horrible "dynamic" coaching. We seem to have a static approach, meaning we have a game plan and we are sticking with it, instead of looking at what teams are giving us in the game, especially on the O. Whenever a team gets time to plan for us we are severely out coached due to this static approach (anyone remember Oregon  ???).

If the coaches are able to make in game adjustments this will be a huge improvement over past years (anyone remember #2 USF against RU Schiano decides to make an all out blitz adjustment and we make no adjustment  >:() . I anxious to see our play book open up in the FSU game and really start to asses our new D and O coords and there "dynamic" coaching abilities.

These first three games are just scrimmages... the coaches aren't going to make adjustments here.

In fact, the coaches will try different experiments like they do in practice and scrimmages.

You're right to wait for the FSU game before you evaluate coaching.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

should we wait until we finish 7th in big east?

• Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

should we wait until we finish 7th in big east?

As always, you are welcome to do as you please ;)

But I do believe FSU is before USF begins there conference play XD

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Why did we waste a timeout prior to halftime?  I thought that was terriblre coaching and clock management.  We tried to ice the WKU kicker on a glorified PAT.  Of course he nailed it right through.  By taking that TO it only left us with 1 remaining with something like 50 seconds on the clock.  we run a draw on the first play after the ensuing kickoff and don't pickup the first down, so we immediately have to burn our only remaining timeout.

Terrible clock management anyway you slice it.  This is something that doesn't change from game to game.  We should always have solid clock management, but it seems we have this issue on most games. 

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Why did we waste a timeout prior to halftime?  I thought that was terriblre coaching and clock management.  We tried to ice the WKU kicker on a glorified PAT.  Of course he nailed it right through.  By taking that TO it only left us with 1 remaining with something like 50 seconds on the clock.  we run a draw on the first play after the ensuing kickoff and don't pickup the first down, so we immediately have to burn our only remaining timeout.

Terrible clock management anyway you slice it.  This is something that doesn't change from game to game.  We should always have solid clock management, but it seems we have this issue on most games. 

great point

another on going problem from year to year which of course will not change

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Better to burn a TO than have a trick play go for a TD. Maybe the coaches saw something that made them have flashbacks to Rutgers 2007 and they wanted to change the personnel on the field or something...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Consecutive Bowl Apearances

Florida State 27

Florida 18

Virginia Tech 16

Georgia, Georgia Tech 12

Texas 11

Boston College, Oklahoma 10

LSU, Ohio State, Texas Tech 9

Southern California 8

Boise State, Southern Miss *, West Virginia, Wisconsin 7

Cal, Navy, Utah 6

Alabama 5

USF, BYU, Clemson, Houston, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon 4

Guest Scherdin

Last I looked the coaches weren't the ones missing tackles or field goals or getting stupid unsportsmanlike penalties.

And who cares about wasting time outs in the first half, better to make sure everyone is on the same page then to blow some coverage and get in trouble.

It comes down to the players executing their assignments and making the plays they need to. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

Consecutive Bowl Apearances

Florida State 27

Florida 18

Virginia Tech 16

Georgia, Georgia Tech 12

Texas 11

Boston College, Oklahoma 10

LSU, Ohio State, Texas Tech 9

Southern California 8

Boise State, Southern Miss *, West Virginia, Wisconsin 7

Cal, Navy, Utah 6

Alabama 5

USF, BYU, Clemson, Houston, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon 4

It'd be nice if some would take off their Green and Gold goggles to really appreciate that list ....

Archived