• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Talib arrested

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

early morning arrests are the worst...

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

Way to not pick Mike Jenkins last year Bucs  ;)

• Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  0

I think Talib has a little bit more talent than Jenkins, but Talib is a thug.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i try to be in bed early morning hours

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I think Talib has a little bit more talent than Jenkins, but Talib is a thug.

Based on what or who?  Talib came into a camp where they were short on corners, and he was automatically slated to be a starter.  Jenkins walked into camp with a team that likes to run a press coverage, and already had 4 corners on their roster in Pacman Jones, Newman, Ant Henry, and a 4th, plus another one that was drafted.  From day one talib was the starter so he got ALL THE REPS.  Getting reps is critical to improving in the NFL, and Talib got all the reps from day one at one corner, where Jenkins was sharing secondary reps with 3 other corners from day one. 

For anyone to say after year one that talib is more talented then they're crazy.  Talib had four INT's playing as a starter and he got burned as much as he made plays.  Jenkins played spot duty but did start for three games last year and had 22 tackles, 7 PBU, and 1 INT returned for a TD.

The Cowboys thought he was so 'sucky' they traded Ant Henry to make room, and released Pacman Jones, and have effectively named him the starter at corner...beating out Sandrick which says alot since Orlando Sandrick was a talented player.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/cowboys/Cowboys_Jenkins_back_after_weeks_absence.html

I am willing to bet anyone that at the end of the day Jenkins will have a better pro career than Talib...first because I believe Talib's personal life will destroy him...but second because I believe Jenkins was put in a good situation where he developed behind more experience, learned and watched from talented veterans like Ant Henry, and Newman how to be the best.  Talib came in, was handed the starting job, and automatically looked like the better corner because Ronde is in his 13th year and has lost a step.  In the long run the habits, tendencies, and tricks learned from the vets will help Jenkins in the long-run.

Archived