• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Huey Whittiker resigned

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I think this topic needs a hyphen.  I was thinking something completely different.

Good for him - glad to see he is getting another shot.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

August 16, 2009

USF's Whittaker gets second shot with Jets

Former USF receiver Huey Whittaker, released by the Jets just days earlier, re-signed with the team Sunday, giving the former Arena League star another chance to make an NFL roster.

With Whittaker back on board, USF now has 13 former players currently on NFL rosters -- linebackers Kawika Mitchell (Bills) and Stephen Nicholas (Falcons) and cornerbacks Mike Jenkins (Cowboys) and Anthony Henry (Lions) are almost assured of making their teams' final rosters, while nine others face more difficult odds.

Running back Andre Hall is in camp with the Texans, and running back Chad Simpson is hoping to return for a second season with the Colts. Seven other Bulls are trying to make the NFL cut for the first time: offensive linemen Marc Dile and Ryan Schmidt and defensive end Jarriett Buie with the Bucs, cornerback Trae Williams with the Eagles, receiver Taurus Johnson with the Chiefs and linebacker Craig Kobel and Whittaker with the Jets.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

yea i was thinking to myself "did huey take a coaching job with USF that i didnt know about"?

it should be re-signed

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Reading about Huey resigning or re-signing made me think about his catch at Alabama...so I went to YouTube and did not find it, but found this one of Huey, apparently at Jets camp:

GkWiiS4Yy6M

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

when did henry leave cowboys

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

The ol' "oops my kid dropped his hat" routine.  Works everytime.

Archived