• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maikon Bonani weighs in at camp today

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

Excerpt Courtesy USF:

"It's great, I have missed it," said Bonani on his return. "Laying in bed wasn't fun. This is my passion and I couldn't wait to be back out here."

Bonani is wearing a back brace that wraps around his waist and covers his torso from hip to under arms. Of course his girlfriend decorated the brace with a couple USF logos on the front and back.

"I feel great, a lot better than I did three weeks ago," said Bonani.

The brace has a 15 degree curvature, which is to ensure that his posture in line.

"I know that I have to wear the brace for three months, my goal then is to get back in shape," said Bonani. "I don't think the team will need me because we have Delbert [Alvarado] and Eric Schwartz and they're great guys. I have great trust in them. If I am not needed, I am just going to rehab and great ready for next season."

Bonani said he will be a regular at practice and that he might even help out special teams coordinator John Hendrick.

Accompanying Bonani to practice was his father Syndey, who had never been to a USF football practice.

"He's doing great and I am so proud of him," said the proud father.

Syndey and his wife, Marcia, had left for Brazil the Saturday that Maikon was injured. They had to cut their trip short and were able to get back to Florida on Tuesday, July 21.

"That was not a good feeling," said Sydney about being away when his son was injured. "But we were only gone really for two days and we can take a vacation another time."

His father makes the trip from their home in Lake Wales regularly, but admitted that Maikon was in good care with his girlfriend.

"She is there every day, for most of the day," said Sydney.

Bonani admitted that boredom has set in from the inactivity. He's laughed when asked if he was reading a lot of books.

"No, I'm just watching TV and gaining weight," said Bonani.

Visit Training Camp Central for full story and more

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

Let's hope Maikon continues to heal and, if possible, is healthy enough to play next season.

Archived