• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

how many espnu 150 recruits

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

looking at usf

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

2 are looking at rutgers

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Although I am sure you were hoping the answer was zero so you can go on some anti-CJL rant, and that you will not just look yourself, I decided to respond.  We are "in it" for 5 of them.

#50 QB/WR Christian Greene

#95 WR Kenny SHaw

#113 WR Ivan McCartney

#116 DE David Perry

#145 CB Terrence Mitchell

I would be surprised if we landed any of them, but you never know.

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Although I am sure you were hoping the answer was zero so you can go on some anti-CJL rant, and that you will not just look yourself, I decided to respond.  We are "in it" for 5 of them.

#95 WR Kenny SHaw

#113 WR Ivan McCartney

#116 DE David Perry

Well, after pounding FSU, it would be less of a surprise.

Shaw attended the game, so that can only help us with him.

Green still has it "even" among his four favorites.

Hopefully, Mitchell also watched our game with FSU.

Four-star CB Mitchell to visit Georgia

Monday, September 28, 2009

Posted by JC Shurburtt

Four-star cornerback Terrence Mitchell (Tampa, Fla./Hillsborough) will make an official visit to Georgia this weekend.

"I am just going up there to see how I feel," Mitchell said. "I am from the city, so I want to feel comfortable wherever I go."

Mitchell, an ESPNU 150 member, has been favoring Florida State, but said he did not have a current leader. However, he also plans to visit FSU and South Florida. His other two visits have not been set up and Mitchell is still deciding which schools will get them. 

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4511137&name=Southeast_Recruiting&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fespn%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4511137%26name%3dSoutheast_Recruiting

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

#95 WR Kenny SHaw

#113 WR Ivan McCartney

#116 DE David Perry

CB Terrence Mitchell is Lindsay Lamar's cousin. Hopefully that helps us! I really want this JUCO DE Wayne Dorsey. He is 6'8 255lbs!

#95 WR Kenny SHaw

#113 WR Ivan McCartney

#116 DE David Perry

CB Terrence Mitchell is Lindsay Lamar's cousin. Hopefully that helps us! I really want this JUCO DE Wayne Dorsey. He is 6'8 255lbs!

Well, JUCO DE 1st team All-American Claude Davis will be here in January, so I don't know if we would have room in this small class to bring in another top JUCO DE. We already have a HS DE verbal. We'd probably make room for him if he was willing to put on some weight and play DT. 

• Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

actually i think that hurts us because now Mitchell probably thinks he has better chance at playing early with their secondary play

actually i think that hurts us because now Mitchell probably thinks he has better chance at playing early with their secondary play

He can look at it many ways.

First, he sees that his cousin Lindsey Lamar is getting a lot of playing time as a true freshman, despite the fact that we have a number of more senior RB's.

Second, He sees that true freshman CB/DB Kayvon Webster is getting meaningful playing time, and he probably feels that he's could beat him out. It's not like we have a locked in secondary and we have shown that we will play the best player regardless of class.

Third, he should now realize that we have a much better chance of getting to a BCS game(s) during his college career than FSU.  ;D

Hillsborough's Mitchell still has eyes on FSU, but how will headlines affect recruiting?

Posted on Monday, Oct. 5, 2009 at 6:46 p.m.

TAMPA – Hillsborough defensive back Terrence Mitchell is one of Florida State’s most coveted recruiting targets.

Mitchell, ranked the nation’s eighth-best cornerback prospect by Rivals.com, had been paying attention to the Seminoles’ moribund 2-3 start and the news of Coach Bobby Bowden’s oust, but Mitchell said it doesn’t affect how he views Florida State.

“I feel like if I go in and do my part, I can make a team better,†said Mitchell, whose finalists are FSU, Georgia, USF, Tennessee, Ole Miss, North Carolina and Illinois.  “I pay attention to it. Every team has their ups and downs. In football, you’re going to win some and you’re going to lose some. It’s just how you bounce back from it.

“I’m not looking at which team is down and which is up. I’m looking at what’s the best fit for me, what school has the best academics, playing time and location, so that I’m comfortable.â€

But on the heels of a Tallahassee Democrat story Monday in which FSU Board of Regents chairman Jim Smith called for the end of the Bowden era – saying “Enough is enough†-- Mitchell’s high school coach, Earl Garcia, said the way it’s been handled should affect recruiting negatively. 

“Even though I’m a little high school coach,†Garcia said,  “those heavy hitters that are out there, all the coaches in waiting, they need to be in tune and watch how the university is treating Coach Bowden, because if they are going to treat Bobby like that, how are they going to treat a kid off the street? You’re darn right it’s going to affect recruiting. Is it going to affect Terrence’s? I don’t know.

"If he was my son, I would tell him to take a wait-and-see attitude," Garcia said.

Mitchell said FSU assistant Lawrence Dawsey has been clear that offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher will eventually take the reins. He didn’t think it would be this soon.

“From what I hear, (Fisher is) running the show now and Bobby Bowden is the head coach,†Mitchell said. “You know that it’s almost his time to go.

"To tell you the truth, I don’t know what’s going on there," he said. "You really can’t tell whether it’s the coaching or is it the players and they just don’t have the depth."

Mitchell, who made his first official visit to Georgia two weekends ago, said he still plans to make an official visit to Florida State.

Hillsborough alum Moses McCray is a starting defensive tackle for the Seminoles. Currently a sophomore, he was a four-star prospect out of Hillsborough.

eencina@sptimes.com

http://hometeam.tampabay.com/recruiting/2009/oct/05/hillsboroughs-mitchell-still-has-eyes-fsu-how-will/

Archived